Profile Specialist (Part-time)
Part Time Mentors & Specialists – Inactive Roles - General Interest Resume Pool /
Part-Time Consultant (1099)
What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) connects job seekers across North America to world class industry mentorship and career coaching to help them land a new career. The program is free upfront and our customers pay us back when they’re hired.
Built around aligned incentives, we help build equity in the job search process by providing 1-on-1 mentorship, training, and a platform to uplift job seekers and ultimately, help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions, and livelihoods. We’ve already helped more than a thousand fellows land meaningful jobs, and helped them earn over $100M in salary.
In 2022 we raised our Series B and there is even more exciting growth on the horizon. That year we expanded from 6 to 14 industries, launched a tiered pricing system with differentiated product offerings, and much more.
Our Mission 🚀
Our mission is to help people everywhere build their careers by being the world’s best career agency.
We believe the job search system is broken and can be fixed with a business model that acts on behalf of the job seeker, instead of on behalf of employers, recruiters, or schools. If this sounds interesting to you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Read more about our mission in our manifesto.
We are looking for mission-driven career educators to help our fellows land life changing roles in the tech industry and beyond!
Our part-time Specialist Network includes Industry Mentors, Mindset Coaches, Resume Specialists, Profile Specialists, Recruiting Specialists, and Behavioral Interview Specialists.
Profile Specialists support our Pro fellows by reviewing resumes & LinkedIns, working with career mentors to gain any necessary context, and developing effective resumes & LinkedIn updates aimed at increasing the fellow’s likelihood of passing through the ATS and recruiter screening processes.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This role is currently in Resume Pool status. We hire for part-time industry mentors on a rolling basis contingent on need, which fluctuates. We encourage you to apply and if your experience is a match, we assure you that a member of our team will reach out when a spot opens up.
- Completing resume, LinkedIn, & profile updates in alignment with career mentors by the requested deadline
- Responding to communications from Pathrise staff within 2 business days in a professional and respectful manner and actively communicating delays, deadlines, etc to Pathrise staff & fellows
- Be available for about 10-20 hours/wk
- Work cross functionally with other Specialists and Full-Time Career Mentors
- 3+ years of experience in resume writing and profile optimization (Linkedin, candidate branding, etc)
- 10 - 20 hours of availability per week
- Ability to work with or quickly learn various technical platforms such as Google Suite, Notion, Asana, etc
- Put our fellows first by having a passion for our mission and working collaboratively to pinpoint fellow issues to help them land their dream job!
- 100% remote work (1099 role)
- $30 - 40/hr DOE
- Flexible working hours
- Access to Pathrise resources and a network of mentors and industry pros!
- growing employees: we value giving and receiving feedback (constructively) and we value continuous improvement. We want you to grow professionally and we include a professional development stipend to help you achieve that.
- diversity, equity and inclusion: we value people, opinions and thoughts from diverse backgrounds. Our culture is built upon the pillar of ‘DEI is not a separate initiative from Pathrise it is a part of Pathrise.’ We invite all to share their stories and we believe that it is through acceptance and curiosity that we can create a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
- grit and passion: we are a small but agile team, everyone has a hand in determining how we grow as a business and as a team. We support one another to reach our dreams of changing how job seekers find employment and we are fiercely passionate about working hard to achieve that!
This is a 1099 contractor position.
Pathrise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pathrise does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Pathrise also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Pathrise will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are also interested in the fellowship, please apply here: https://www.pathrise.com/apply.