Senior Product Designer
Design – Open Roles /
What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) is an online program for tech professionals that provides 1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help anyone land their next job. On top of that, we're built around aligned incentives. Fellows only pay when they get hired and start working at a job first.
Every day we are expanding our team and our services. We are looking for individuals who are ready to jump into a new role with us. We are a flourishing team and we really enjoy working together to improve our fellows chances of getting the jobs of their dreams! If this sounds like something you'd be interested we’d like the opportunity to get to know you more.
We seek to uplift job seekers in their careers and help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions, and livelihoods. Read more about why we’re driven to do this in our manifesto.
It’s our team’s goal to create a clear and distinct advantage for our job seekers and we are already doing this by creating human-centered systems driven by technology (think Stitch Fix, but for mentors instead of stylists). We seek to empower and motivate our job seekers and mentors by building useful products that they love.
As our first Product Designer at Pathrise, you’ll be central to shaping the future of our platform and business. We are looking for someone excited about solving complex problems, loves working in a fast-paced environment, and can drive forward a world-class user experience. You’ll be involved in the entire product development process from strategic planning and visioning to end-to-end thinking, creating intuitive designs, and launching meaningful experiences.
- Design and own end-to-end flows and experiences that delight and create value for our job seekers and mentors.
- Develop a deep understanding and empathy for our users and use research to inform design decisions.
- Design services and workflows that intertwine technology with human-driven processes to drive outcomes.
- Collaborate closely with product, engineering, and other internal stakeholders to take features from conception to launch.
- Contribute to product strategy to help shape our platform and business.
- Lead the overall design direction of the platform by helping to build our design culture, language, and systems.
- Propose and validate hypotheses through qualitative and quantitative testing
- You have 3+ years of experience as a product designer, designing and launching world-class digital products and experiences
- You have an outstanding portfolio that demonstrates love and care for your craft and a strong visual aesthetic with multiple successful products or feature launches under your belt.
- You think beyond the pixels to create high-quality experiences for users and are an effective advocate for design.
- You are obsessive about understanding our user’s motivations and behaviors and can leverage user insights to solve core needs.
- You have led research initiatives to gather qualitative and quantitative data to inform design decisions.
- You are a clear communicator who can articulate design work with a solid rationale that uses research and data
- You have experience creating and iterating on design systems. You’ll be able to create new components, establish guidelines, and help with the maintenance of the system.
- You have experience using product analytics (Mixpanel, Heap, Logrocket, etc.) and hypothesis testing to understand and interpret success.
- You have a strong background in and are excited by user research
- You have experience working in a fast-paced startup
- You are excited to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and are passionate about our mission of building equity in the job search.
- 100% remote work now and in the future!
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Meaningful equity
- Great health, dental and vision benefits
- Twice-yearly performance bonuses
- Professional development stipends
- Bi-annual team building offsites and monthly virtual happy hours
Pathrise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pathrise does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Pathrise also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Pathrise will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are also interested in the fellowship, please apply here: https://www.pathrise.com/apply.