Sales Mentor (Part Time)
Part Time Mentoring – Open Roles /
What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) is an online program for tech professionals that provides 1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help anyone land their next job. On top of that, we're built around aligned incentives. Fellows only pay when they get hired and start working at a job first.
Every day we are expanding our team and our services. We are looking for individuals who are ready to jump into a new role with us. We are a flourishing team and we really enjoy working together to improve our fellows chances of getting the jobs of their dreams! If this sounds like something you'd be interested we’d like the opportunity to get to know you more.
We seek to uplift job seekers in their careers and help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions, and livelihoods. Read more about why we’re driven to do this in our manifesto.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, Pathrise has 3x YoY growth with an 98% placement rate and with expanding tracks in various industries. With over 1,000 fellows placed everywhere from Facebook to Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Uber and startups, we are looking to expand our team in our sales track.
As a part time sales mentor, you will be responsible for fellow success by helping them develop their interviewing skills through a variety of online sessions. You will work cross-functionally with our career mentors and sales mentors to provide up-to-date, relevant information to help our fellows not only pass interviews but gain confidence in their abilities!
- You are excited at the chance to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of tech sales people!
- 3-10 years of experience as an account executive or sales leader at a SaaS company
- Experience managing or training junior SDRs and AEs
- Understanding of common CRMs and other tools/processes used in sales
- Experience with teaching, career advising, and mentorship in an educational setting
- Bonus points if you have any sales certifications
- Flexibility to work more than 10+ hours per week when business needs warrant
- Prior start up experience is preferred
- Provide 1-on-1 mentorship on your own schedule (minimum 5 hour commitment)
- Mentors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing materials, leveraging existing Pathrise curriculum content and responding to fellow’s emails
- Work alongside Pathrise Mentors and learn how to best meet the needs and learning styles of your fellows
- Guide fellows through both technical and behavioral aspects of the job search
- Facilitate a thoughtful and inclusive environment for all fellows to learn and grow in their technical skills to achieve great results and land the job of their dreams!
What’s in it for you?
- Be a mentor to individuals who want to break into or accelerate their career in the sales space
- Build relationships with awesome fellows and really make a difference to their careers and their lives!
- Flexible schedule and remote work
- Be a part of a really fun and mission driven organization!
- Your work-life-balance: we are a start-up and we do work hard but we also know the balance between working hard and burning out. We value our employees and that’s why we have these added employee benefits: an employee wellness stipend, unlimited paid-time-off and remote work or flexible work is available for most positions.
- Growing employees: we value giving and receiving feedback (constructively) and we value continuous improvement. We want you to grow professionally and we include a professional development stipend to help you achieve that.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion: we value people, opinions and thoughts from diverse backgrounds. Our culture is built upon the pillar of ‘DEI is not a separate initiative from Pathrise it is a part of Pathrise.’ We invite all to share their stories and we believe that it is through acceptance and curiosity that we can create a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas at this time, we thank you for your interest.
Pathrise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pathrise does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Pathrise also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Pathrise will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are also interested in the fellowship, please apply here: https://www.pathrise.com/apply.