Product Mentor (Part Time)
Part Time Mentoring – Open Roles /
What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) is an online program for tech professionals that provides 1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help anyone land their next job. On top of that, we're built around aligned incentives. Fellows only pay when they get hired and start working at a job first.
Every day we are expanding our team and our services. We are looking for individuals who are ready to jump into a new role with us. We are a flourishing team and we really enjoy working together to improve our fellows chances of getting the jobs of their dreams! If this sounds like something you'd be interested we’d like the opportunity to get to know you more.
We seek to uplift job seekers in their careers and help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions, and livelihoods. Read more about why we’re driven to do this in our manifesto.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, Pathrise has 3x YoY growth with an 98% placement rate and with expanding tracks in various industries. With over 1,000 fellows placed everywhere from Facebook to Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Uber and startups, we are looking to expand our team in the PSO track (Product, Strategy & Operations).
As a part time PSO mentor, you will be responsible for fellow success by helping them develop their technical interviewing skills through a variety of online sessions. You will work cross-functionally with our career and PSO mentors to provide up-to-date, relevant information to help our fellows not only pass interviews but gain confidence in their abilities!
- 5-10 hours of open availability on your calendar
- You are excited at the chance to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of product managers and owners.
- You have a good understanding of the current requirements of product interviewing standards and have interviewed many product managers or sat on hiring committees before.
- You have at least 3 years of industry experience with product management (prior teaching experience a plus).
- You have successfully launched products or features, working cross-functionally with an engineering and design team.
- You have fluency in most of the following topics: Roadmapping, Product Strategy, Prioritization (and associated frameworks), Market Research, Competitive Analysis, Quantitative and Qualitative Data Analysis, Product Launches, Metrics, GTM Strategy, Requirement Gathering, Agile Development, Product Marketing.
- Prior start up experience preferred
- Provide 1-on-1 mentorship on your own schedule
- Perform kick-off sessions with amazing fellows who value your domain expertise
- Provide a consultative approach to understanding our fellows current pain points in their job search
- Mentors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing materials, leveraging existing Pathrise curriculum content and responding to fellow’s emails
- Work alongside Pathrise Mentors and learn how to best meet the needs and learning styles of your fellows
- Guide fellows through both technical and behavioral aspects of the job search, such as reviewing resumes, conducting mock behavioral interviews, assisting on written assignments, prepping fellows for case studies/presentations, and creating skills plans.
- Facilitate a thoughtful and inclusive environment for all fellows to learn and grow in their technical skills to achieve great results and land the job of their dreams!
What's in it for you?
- Be a mentor to individuals who want to break into or accelerate their career in the product space
- Build relationships with awesome fellows and really make a difference to their careers and their lives!
- Flexible schedule and remote work
- Be a part of a really fun and mission driven organization!
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applicants who are currently on an H1B visa, as this is a 1099 role.
Pathrise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pathrise does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Pathrise also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Pathrise will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are also interested in the fellowship, please apply here: https://www.pathrise.com/apply.