Data Scientist - Entry Level
What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) is an online program for tech professionals that provides 1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help anyone land their next job. On top of that, we're built around aligned incentives. Fellows only pay when they get hired and start working at a job first.
Everyday we are expanding our team and our services. We are looking for individuals who are ready to jump into a new role with us. We are a flourishing team and we really enjoy working together to improve our fellows chances of getting the job of their dreams! If this sounds like something you'd be interested we’d like the opportunity to get to know you more.
We seek to uplift job seekers in their careers and help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions and livelihoods. Read more about why we’re driven to do this in our manifesto.
In this role, you will create a framework for how we utilize our own data. If you are someone comfortable with qualitative data and can see the amazing potential we have to be a forerunner in this new job seekers market then this could be the perfect role for you.
In order to be effective in this role, you must have a genuine interest in education and technology. Since you will be involved in all phases of coursework from research, development, design and feedback we are looking for someone who is not only passionate but also in love with our Mission of “uplifting undervalued students and tech professional in their early careers.” A large portion of this role will also be handling admissions, mentoring, instruction and other curriculum processes in a “teaching assistant” type position. It will be a combination of functional work and supporting the instruction staff.
This position is ideal for someone with a passion for data science and education, who is entrepreneurial and wants to join a fast-growing startup that's helping the next generation of data scientists! Depending on each candidate’s qualifications, this position could also be approached as a contract or contract-to-hire role as well.
- 0-3 years in data science
- Excellent communication skills, ability to understand customer needs and provide valuable recommendations
- Strong Python and SQL skills
- Able to effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others
- Familiar with key data engineering concepts
- Experience with data visualization
Benefits and perks
- Great health, dental and vision benefits
- Free daily catered lunches and snacks
- Commuting costs covered
- Flexible PTO
- Ability to grow in your career and make a difference to individuals and society
What will I be doing?
- Being involved with product discussions about high impact features to build for job seekers
- Help with various data analysis projects and elements of the data curriculum
- Review industry evaluations and handle admissions conversations with potential fellows
- Contribute to curriculum and teaching sessions and workshops
- Handle fellow queries for job search support and interview practice
Pathrise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pathrise does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Pathrise also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Pathrise will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are also interested in the fellowship, please apply here: https://www.pathrise.com/apply.