Senior Software Engineer - Data Engineering
Atlanta Metropolitan Area /
Engineering – Synth /
At Patientco, we are building the future of healthcare payments. We now facilitate payments for over 5% of the US patient population which means our technology is helping create a better payment experience for over 27 million patients and in turn, providing incredible value to healthcare providers across the U.S.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our 'Synthesis' team, you will join our effort to leverage our Data Lake and drive large amounts of data to various applications including internal Go-Live platforms and external patient communications tools. Our scale is huge and only increasing. Our Synthesis team is responsible for building out the software and services that create the first communication touchpoint for patients and deliver the clarity and transparency around their healthcare financials that they deserve.
At Patientco, Senior Software Engineers are experienced individual contributors that have the capacity to be change agents within our engineering team and environment. They are expected to lead the development of code and features with particular emphasis on always improving the platform and process
You should have a love of building scalable data-pipeline solutions, a growth mindset, an interest in getting into new problems and a desire to be part of a team where everyone's voice is heard equally.
Do you get excited by the following terms; ETL, Data Lake, Hadoop, Hive, AWS, Athena, Glue? If so, read on!
*We are open to this person working from anywhere in the Eastern or Central Time Zones.
We’re offering the opportunity to:
- Build out the data frameworks and pipelines through which 10s of Millions of patients receive their healthcare financial information accurately and with clarity
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with diverse experiences and problem solving techniques
- Provide feedback/recommendations to team in order to improve the team’s effectiveness (through retros)
- Be a Problem Solver. There's not always a clear cut way to solve the problem.
- Have a Growth Mindset. Be interested, not only in completing your work, but thinking about how your work fits into the bigger picture and what else can be done to have a major impact.
- Be a leader. Make recommendations, support teammates, take ownership.
Some experience that might help for the opportunity:
- 5+ years experience in web-based software development in a relevant programming language, such as PHP, Ruby, Python, Go or Java
- Experience with full stack web application frameworks (LAMP, Rails)
- Git Version Control
- Unit and integration testing methodologies
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Experience with transactional/batch processing is preferred
- Multi system integration preferred
- STEM degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Object Oriented languages preferred
- Experience writing in SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with datalakes, data pipelines, and ETL patterns preferred
- Experience or willingness to working on a Mac (We're a Mac shop)
How we take care of the people who work here:
• An open and casual office environment (currently fully remote until further notice) that values excellent communication and collaboration skills, creative problem solving, empathy, open mindedness, extreme attention to detail, a healthy dose of grit and a good sense of humor
• We pride ourselves on our flexible work environment. We don’t do time tracking, limit PTO, or micro-manage.
• Full Benefits package including health/dental/vision/401K, budget for continued education, and more
• Monthly budget for cell phone/office supplies
• Yearly budget for continuing education
Check out more information about us at www.patientcolife.com