Atlanta, GA /
Finance and Operations – Legal /
At Patientco, we are building the future of healthcare payments. We now facilitate payments for over 5% of the US patient population which means our technology is helping create a better payment experience for over 23 million patients and in turn, providing incredible value to healthcare providers across the U.S.
As the Senior Counsel reporting to the VP, General Counsel, you will advance Patientco's mission through serving its transactional and legal needs. You will do this by being heavily involved in client, channel partner, and vendor contracting and by providing legal advice and guidance to internal clients at Patientco. This involves providing all aspects of contract support and independently managing legal support for deals, including drafting, negotiation, advice and review.
Patientco is making major waves in the healthcare payments industry and you will make sure that our business expands while maintaining legal compliance. If that sounds exciting to you, read on!
We're offering the opportunity to:
- Draft and negotiate client and channel partner agreements to help expand the reach of Patientco’s services and grow the revenue of the business. Perform related contracts management tasks regarding contract signature, storage and records management.
- Draft and negotiate vendor agreements to serve the needs of the business. (Client and Vendor Agreements include master service agreements, business associate agreements required by HIPAA, referral agreements and reseller agreements, inbound software license and IT service agreements)
- Provide advice to Patientco regarding contractual questions and manage non-litigious disputes.
- Provide legal advice based on laws that apply to Patientco, including HIPAA and other privacy and security-related laws, as well as payment system regulations and financial services laws.
- Work with outside counsel, when necessary and directed.
Experience that will help with the opportunity:
- Excellent drafting and negotiating skills in both purchasing and selling information technology and payment services.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA, intellectual property laws, and modern SaaS/cloud contracting
- Understanding payment systems strongly preferred
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Mature, level-head and a graceful sense of humor to all that you do as a lawyer at Patientco
- Good bedside manner; The understanding that the best counselors have even temperaments and are kind to their clients, even under trying circumstances
- The understanding that in-house lawyers are always part of a business team led by others and bringing humility to work every day
- Bringing intellectual curiosity to your practice and a desire to not only learn but improve and practically apply what has been learned
The hard and fast requirements:
- Undergraduate degree and J.D.
- 3 to 7 years of prior experience, including large law firm experience or equivalent through in-house team-based legal practice (Large law firm experience of 3 years or more greatly preferred)
- Active member of the Georgia Bar
- At least 3 years of practice experience in commercial information technology transactions, including some regulatory experience
- Experience representing SaaS/ASP software industry vendors greatly preferred
- Experience with HIPAA and payment network regulations greatly preferred
How we take care of the people who work here:
• An open and casual office environment (currently fully remote until further notice) that values excellent communication and collaboration skills, creative problem solving, empathy, open mindedness, extreme attention to detail, a healthy dose of grit and a good sense of humor.
• We pride ourselves on our flexible work environment. We don’t do time tracking, limit PTO, or micro-manage.
• Catered Friday Lunches (when we're back in the office) as well as frequent lunch'n learns, catered trainings, fully stocked fridge and snack pantry, etc.
• Full Benefits package including health/dental/vision/401K, budget for continued education, and more
• Monthly budget for cell phone/office supplies
Check out more information about us at www.patientcolife.com
Once you've applied through our portal, don't hesitate to reach out to our Talent Acquisition Manager, Matt Needleman if you have any questions -> firstname.lastname@example.org.