Business Development Associate
Atlanta Metropolitan Area
General Management – General Administration
At Patientco, we are building the future of healthcare payments. Our technology is helping create a better payment experience for patients and in turn, providing incredible value to healthcare providers across the U.S. Whether you are customer facing or working diligently behind the scenes, everyone at Patientco plays a vital role in improving the healthcare experience of millions of people. It’s a big job, but we wouldn’t have it any other way!
As the Business Development Associate you will be an integral part of the Strategy & Business Development team working directly with the Chief Strategy Officer, with frequent exposure and direct working relationships with our CEO, CFO, and CTO business development team members. This role will play a critical part in driving enterprise growth, establishing new business channels, and conducting market discovery to explore transformative business opportunities. You should have a passion for learning, distilling data into consumable content, building business cases, and creating high quality external facing Business Development presentation materials. Are you excited researching a sector to inform an initial business thesis that you can test and refine? Do you put in extra time before a big presentation to make sure your ideas are easily consumable and compelling? Do you want to further disrupt an entire industry? Read on!
Why we need you on our team:
- Identify, develop and analyze corporate, business, and channel development relationships that accelerate growth or expand the offering to increase customer value
- Complete analysis for potential corporate partnerships that includes market sizing, sample pricings, company value/benefit analysis for various stakeholder groups
- Study and understand value drivers, key assumptions, and meeting objectives to structure analysis and supporting presentation materials
- Provide actionable recommendations based on your analysis and supporting material(s)
- Collaborate with Patientco leaders and functions to evaluate opportunities for financial, operational and technical feasibility or impact
- Coordinate across all functions to bring the best of Patientco to each opportunity
- Presenting findings to senior management and prepare documentation for the Board of Directors
- Support strategic initiatives to develop new, tailored content for key buyer segments and personas
- BA/BS with proven academic achievement
- 2+ years of healthcare industry experience either with investment banking; management consulting; or in-house corporate business development or corporate development teams
- Experience working with financial modelling, revenue forecasting and building business plans with Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience completing and communicating competitive analysis
- Ability to articulate value levers and how key assumptions impact a business case (focus on P&L)
- Comfort with ambiguity and eagerness to tackle tough problems
- Ability to work independently while creating high quality deliverables
- Strong executive communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to collaborate with and influence a team of internal stakeholders
- Strong technical aptitude with advanced skills in both Microsoft Office and G-Suite applications
- Primary and secondary research experience, comfortable conducting interviews and synthesizing findings
- Strong business acumen with ability to identify required analysis or data to enhance Patientco positioning or perceived value
- ‘Get it done’ attitude with a strong sense of teaming
We are a team at Patientco and that’s not just some corporate mumbo jumbo. We expect a ton out of everyone here but that’s what makes it great. The whole is far greater than the sum of its parts. We value excellent communication and collaboration skills, creative problem solving, empathy, open mindedness, extreme attention to detail, a healthy dose of grit and a good sense of humor.
We take care of our own at Patientco. Some of the highlights include our infamous “Free Food Fridays”, casual dress code, no vacation tracking, monthly social events, and of course a full benefits package including health/dental/vision/401k. Bottom line: it’s a great place to work!