Atlanta Metropolitan Area /
Engineering – Engineering /
At Patientco, we are building the future of healthcare payments. Our technology is helping create a better payment experience for patients and in turn, providing incredible value to healthcare providers across the U.S. Whether you are customer facing or working diligently behind the scenes, everyone at Patientco plays a vital role in improving the healthcare experience of millions of people. It’s a big job, but we wouldn’t have it any other way!
As a Software Engineer at Patientco, you should care deeply about how your software is experienced. This means considering how both healthcare patients and providers use your products and how your peers will interact with your code.
Your experience should include having built and -- equally important -- maintained widely-used software. You should have a knack for making tools powerful without compromising their ease of use.
We move quickly, deploying code many times a week, but we also spend time carefully thinking through the edge cases of our products.
What We're Looking For:
- Experience building and maintaining products with real-world usage
- Extensive familiarity with object-oriented software systems based in PHP, Java, .Net or Ruby (we care less about what languages you know and more about your ability to grasp concepts)
- Great Communication Skills! Have opinions about good and bad products and the ability to justify them, we want to know what you think!
- Advocates of the agile/lean software development process
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or have equivalent experience
- The desire to build a great culture. Namely, be ethical, collaborative, hard-working, creative, FUN, and willing to push your boss out of the raft
How we take care of the people who work here:
• An open and casual office environment (currently fully remote until further notice) that values excellent communication and collaboration skills, creative problem solving, empathy, open mindedness, extreme attention to detail, a healthy dose of grit and a good sense of humor.
• We pride ourselves on our flexible work environment. We don’t do time tracking, limit PTO, or micro-manage.
• Catered Friday Lunches (when we're back in the office) as well as frequent lunch'n learns, catered trainings, fully stocked fridge and snack pantry, etc.
• Full Benefits package including health/dental/vision/401K, budget for continued education, and more
• Monthly budget for cell phone/office supplies
Check out more information about us at www.patientcolife.com