Software Developer in Test
Boston, MA /
Engineering – QA /
PatientPing is an innovative care collaboration platform that reduces the cost of healthcare and improves patient outcomes by seamlessly connecting providers to coordinate patient care. The platform enables providers to collaborate on shared patients through a comprehensive suite of solutions and allows provider organizations, health plans, governments, individuals and the organizations supporting them to leverage real-time patient data to reach their shared goals of improving the efficiency of our healthcare system.
We are actively hiring a Software Developer in Test who wants to craft something meaningful that will deeply impact people’s lives. PatientPing delivers a number of customer-facing web-based applications that facilitate care coordination. You will play a vital role in expanding the quality and user experience of PatientPing’s application portfolio and will be involved in every step of the development cycle. You should love to pursue tough problems and are constantly searching for elegant solutions while striving for excellence.
What You Will Do:
• Own frameworks and strategy for testing on multiple application platforms desktop & mobile web, API
• Develop and advocate towards the continued health and growth of automated testing systems.
• Create & manage bug reports and communicate with the team.
• Build & develop software to test different scenarios and acceptance tests.
• Work with deployment teams and teams across the engineering organization to resolve issues, improve quality and enhance efficiencies.
What Success looks like:
In 3 months...
• Get up to speed quickly with our technology and development process
• Be involved in planning testing for several features
• Adhere to our development lifecycle processes
• Direct contribution to test suites
In 6 months...
• Take ownership of and advocate for improving our automated testing strategies
• Advise on and building new test harnesses for new services & systems
• Assist other QA Engineers in building automated tests
In 12 months...
• Automate testing of data intensive systems in our application
• Enable tighter release cadence via more automated testing
• Automate cross browser & mobile UI testing
• Ongoing training and documentation for QA and Software engineers in testing tools
What You Need:
• Deep knowledge of testing frameworks such as: Selenium, Junit, Jest, Cucumber
• 2+ years of automated testing experience
• Strong knowledge of test layers and applications for testing strategies
• Fluent in Java
• Strong written communication & documentation skills
• Knowledge of modern build pipelines
• Experience in SQL
• Familiarity with Kotlin
• Knowledge of ElasticSearch & Kafka
What You Get:
• Join one of the fastest growing health tech companies in the country
•Have the autonomy to build something with an enthusiastically supportive team
•Learn best practices from world class investors and advisors
•Work closely with the country’s largest and most innovative health systems
•Receive cash and equity compensation with health, dental, and other benefits
PatientPing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.