Product – Design
PatientPing is a venture-backed health technology company based in Boston, MA that is transforming healthcare delivery. We are building a national network that connects providers with real-time notifications when their patients receive care anywhere, so that providers can better coordinate patient care. Our customers include hundreds of health systems, physician organizations, and post-acute care providers across the country. Our vision is bold – to build a national care coordination network that allows providers to put patients at the center of their care.
Are you searching for a chance to be an innovator somewhere where you can make a real difference? Do you have the ability to take complex user needs and turn them into easily-understood interactions that work seamlessly within a larger system?
As a Product Designer, you will be working closely with our engineers, product managers, and operations managers to concept, design, prototype, test, and iterate on solutions that meaningfully connect providers to seamlessly coordinate patient experiences. We’re looking for a generalist who thrives in ambiguity, deeply understands and can champion our users, and design solutions that are equally thoughtful and elegant. You will work with the product and client-facing teams to identify gaps and opportunities in user experience.
What You Will Do:
• Drive the design process through discovery, concept development, validation, wireframing, prototyping, and final visual design (in quick, iterative cycles).
• Collaborate with the cross-functional product team (operations, engineering, data science, and product management).
• Facilitate user sessions that produce valuable, actionable feedback.
• Gather and use quantitative and qualitative feedback to identify and successfully solve user problems.
• Work closely with internal experts and stakeholders to understand business needs.
• Turn complex user and business needs into simple interactions
• Create assets (wireframe, flow, mockup, prototype, etc.) at the appropriate level of detail for the need.
What Success Looks Like:
In 3 months...
• Demonstration of strong collaboration, particularly with product partners
• Ownership of UX work for a cross-functional team
• Delivery of UX work proving strong UX skills
• Show a robust curiosity and early understanding of healthcare domain
In 6 months...
• Successful delivery of substantial UX project, including discovery and user research phases
• Actively contribute to shared UX components
• Demonstration of strong analytical and advanced problem-solving skills
In 12 months...
• Consistent and strong history of successful judgement calls
• Ability to independently manage project work including a defined process that works for UX and the cross-functional team
• Effective collaboration outside of individual team and across company
What You Need:
• 5+ years professional experience as a product/experience designer with at least 2 years of experience working as an in-house designer supporting the evolution of an existing product (startup experience preferred, agile approach preferred).
• Solid conceptual thinking.
• A strong visual aesthetic and ability to deliver well-designed, high fidelity, production-ready designs.
• Ability to discuss your work confidently connecting it to larger strategic objectives as well as clearly articulating tactical and execution decisions.
• Strong listening skills.
• Flexibility and comfort with the changing-nature of a dynamic business.
• A healthy dose of curiosity.
• An online portfolio demonstrating selections of your professional work for our review.
• Understanding of the dynamics between the customer and the user in an enterprise SaaS context.
What Would Be A Plus:
• Experience designing for healthcare providers
• A degree in visual or graphic design
• Experience facilitating design workshops or sprints
• A demonstrated interest in healthcare
• Data visualization experience
What You Get:
•Join one of the fastest growing health tech companies in the country
• Have the autonomy to build something with a brilliant, inspiring, and enthusiastically supportive team.
• An opportunity to contribute meaningfully to a company looking to help solve one of the thorniest experience problems in the country - healthcare.
• Learn best practices from world class investors and advisors.
• Become an expert on healthcare delivery system transformation, and work closely with the country’s most innovative health systems.
PatientPing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.