Lead Network and Security Architect
Title: Cloud Network and Security Architect
PatientPing is a venture-backed health technology company based in Boston, MA that is transforming healthcare delivery. We are building a national network that connects providers with real-time notifications when their patients receive care anywhere, so that providers can better coordinate patient care. Our customers include hundreds of health systems, physician organizations, and post-acute care providers across the country. Our vision is bold – to build a national care coordination network that allows providers to put patients at the center of their care.
We are actively hiring a full-time Cloud Network and Security Architect who wants to help meaningfully improve people’s lives. This is a technical leadership position that will see you assume primary responsibility for PatientPing’s cloud security posture. You will use the latest best practices to ensure that millions of patient records stay secure from accidental exposure or deliberate exfiltration. You will collaborate with software engineers and DevOps experts to embed your security policies into software and infrastructure. You will own and operate cloud-based firewalls to ensure that we can safely and reliably route traffic between our VPCs and customer networks.
• Design and implement AWS-centric security projects including VPC design, firewall rules, network access control, vulnerability management, IAM policy design, and more.
• Develop and implement effective security policies and practices that adhere to the HITRUST framework.
• Work with customers to establish site-to-site connectivity via IPSEC peering.
• Own and operate PatientPing’s wired and wireless networking infrastructure.
• Participate in customer-driven security audits related to HITRUST to demonstrate adequate technical and process controls.
You Will Need:
• 8+ years’ experience working in information security related field in an enterprise environment
• 2+ years’ experience hardening AWS-hosted solutions
• 5+ years’ experience leading teams and designing/running processes
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Experience implementing security policies in a small team environment
• Experience working with auditors to attain certification of a recognized security standard
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Extensive networking experience (TCP/IP, HTTP(S), DNS, SMTP, etc), with CCNA or similar a strong plus
• Health care experience a strong plus
What You Get:
• Be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company with many opportunities to expand the role and responsibilities
• Have the autonomy to build something with an enthusiastically supportive team
• Learn best practices from world class investors and advisors
• Become an expert on healthcare delivery system transformation, and work closely with the country’s most innovative health systems
• Receive cash and equity compensation with health, dental, and other benefits