Senior Data Analytics Engineer
Engineering – Software Engineering
Senior Data Analytics Engineer
PatientPing is a venture-backed health technology company based in Boston, MA that is transforming healthcare delivery. We are building a national network that connects providers with real-time notifications when their patients receive care anywhere, so that providers can better coordinate patient care. Our customers include hundreds of health systems, physician organizations, and post-acute care providers across the country. Our vision is bold – to build a national care coordination network that allows providers to put patients at the center of their care.
As an Analytics Engineer at PatientPing, you will work with our analysts, engineers, product managers, and customer facing teams to build and support our Data Analytics platform. You will be responsible for both enhancing and maintaining our data ETL processes, as well as using the platform to identify insights within our data. You are comfortable with the basics of data engineering, and have experience digging into raw data using common data tools. You understand business fundamentals, and you have experience clearly communicating complex results to a non-technical audience.
What Success Looks Like:
In 3 months…
• Become familiar with our business and the surrounding context
• Become fluent in our existing data analytics platform, working with technologies such as Apache Airflow, Amazon Redshift, and Apache Spark
In 6 Months...
• Enhance our data platform with new features and capabilities
• Become an expert in our data model and propose improvements to increase operational efficiency of ETL processes
• Identify and communicate actionable insights that will help drive decisions across the business
• Collaborate with application development teams to analyze end-user behavior
In 12 months...
• Be a voice and advocate for using data to improve the quality of our decision-making
• Use advanced analytics tools to surface previously unknown opportunities
What You Need:
• BS in Computer Science or a related field such as Statistics, Physical Sciences, or Mathematics
• 2+ years of experience in software engineering, writing and shipping high quality code in a production environment
• Experience with a scripting language such as Python, and/or an object-oriented language such as Java or Scala
• Advanced knowledge of SQL, particularly in schema design and query optimization
• Strong analytical skills, with an ability to collect, process, and analyze complex datasets in order to derive insights and communicate them across the organization
• Experience taking ownership of and pursuing loosely defined problems autonomously
• A track record of building positive cross-functional working relationships with non-technical collaborators
What Would Be A Plus:
• Experience developing both batch and real-time data ETL pipelines
• A demonstrated interest in healthcare, and/or specific experience analyzing healthcare-specific data. • Familiarity with manipulating sensitive (PHI or PII) data to extract meaningful insights while protecting patient privacy is advantageous
• An interest or background in predictive analytics and distributed data processing using modern tools (e.g., Spark)
• Experience with data visualization or business intelligence tools such as Tableau
What You Get:
• The opportunity to use your engineering and analytical skills to positively impact the lives of millions of patients throughout the country
• Be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company with many opportunities to expand the role and responsibilities
• Have the autonomy to build something with an enthusiastically supportive team
• Learn best practices from world-class investors and advisors
• Become an expert on healthcare delivery system transformation, and work closely with the country’s most innovative health systems
• Receive cash and equity compensation with health, dental, 401k, and other benefits
PatientPing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.