Full Stack Software Engineer
Engineering – Engineering
Full Stack Software Engineer
PatientPing is a venture-backed health technology company based in Boston, MA that is transforming healthcare delivery. We are building a national network that connects providers with real-time notifications when their patients receive care anywhere, so that providers can better coordinate patient care. Our customers include hundreds of health systems, physician organizations, and post-acute care providers across the country. Our vision is bold – to build a national care coordination network that allows providers to put patients at the center of their care.
What You Will Do:
• Work closely with the Director of Engineering to ensure the highest standards of design, implementation, performance, and security are met
• Work closely with the Product team to ensure all customer needs are met
• Design and build new features
• Maintain and extend existing features
• Anticipate and start planning the next generation of software products
What Success Looks Like:
In 3 months...
• Become familiar with the details of our business domain, development process, and codebase
• Ask questions and build healthcare industry knowledge
• Build new capabilities and enhance existing ones based on the needs of our customers
In 6 months...
• Participate in the design process
• Develop a new feature from concept to launch
• Conduct code reviews for peers
In 12 months...
• Demonstrate consistently delivering on feature development expectations
• Suggest ideas for technical enhancements
• Work as a strong partner to product
What You Need:
• 3+ years of Java development
The right combination of experience in many of these technologies - and you are motivated to master them all (most desirable listed first):
• Modern Java frameworks (Spring Boot preferred)
• Relational database design and query via both SQL and ORM
• ElasticSearch or other document-oriented database
• Microservice architecture, including REST API design
• Asynchronous data pipelines using Kafka or similar modern messaging framework
• AWS or other public cloud environment
What You Get:
• Be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company with many opportunities to expand the role and responsibilities
• Have the autonomy to build something with a brilliant and enthusiastically supportive team
• Learn best practices from world class investors and advisors
• Become an expert on healthcare delivery system transformation
• Receive cash and equity compensation with health, dental, and other benefits
PatientPing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.