Software Engineering Manager
Engineering – Software Engineering
Software Engineering Manager
PatientPing is a venture-backed health technology company based in Boston, MA that is transforming healthcare delivery. We are building a national network that connects providers with real-time notifications when their patients receive care anywhere, so that providers can better coordinate patient care. Our customers include hundreds of health systems, physician organizations, and post-acute care providers across the country. Our vision is bold – to build a national care coordination network that allows providers to put patients at the center of their care.
We are actively hiring a hands-on software engineering manager who wants to create something meaningful that will greatly improve people’s lives. PatientPing is a world-class platform that collects, analyzes, and exposes real-time patient flows through the US health care network in thoughtful, innovative ways. This role is a unique opportunity for someone who not only wishes to architect and build superb systems, but also help evolve the Engineering department into an even more successful organization as the company scales.
What Success Looks Like:
In 3 months...
• Become familiar with the details of our business domain, development process, and codebase
• Directly manage 4-7 engineers
• Participate in code reviews and in software development
In 6 months…
• Drive progress towards clear objectives and remove roadblocks facing developers
• Participate in the recruiting process to attract high caliber new engineers
• Develop the careers of engineers by providing feedback, mentorship and creating growth opportunities
• Contribute to and improve the technical direction of our products
In 12 months…
• Demonstrate repeated delivery of team-sized goals within expected timeframes
• Formulate meaningful improvements to process and demonstrated increased team productivity
• Own the technical excellence of large areas inside of our applications
• Build a team which has autonomy, ownership and acts as a multiplier to all other teams around them
What You Need:
• 8+ years of Software development in an agile environment (Java preferred)
• 3+ years managing direct reports
• Able to construct complex queries in a relational database
• Experience with AWS or other public cloud environment
What You Get:
• Join one of the fastest growing health tech companies in the country
• Have the autonomy to build something with a brilliant and enthusiastically supportive team
• Learn best practices from world class investors and advisors
• Become an expert on healthcare delivery system transformation
• Receive cash and equity compensation with health, dental, and other benefits
PatientPing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.