Front End Software Engineer
Engineering – Software Engineering
Front End Software Engineer
PatientPing is a venture-backed health technology company based in Boston, MA that is transforming healthcare delivery. We are building a national network that connects providers with real-time notifications when their patients receive care anywhere, so that providers can better coordinate patient care. Our customers include hundreds of health systems, physician organizations, and post-acute care providers across the country. Our vision is bold – to build a national care coordination network that allows providers to put patients at the center of their care.
We are actively hiring a Front End Software Engineer who wants to craft something meaningful that will deeply impact people’s lives. PatientPing delivers a number of customer-facing web-based applications that facilitate care coordination. You will play a vital role in expanding the visual design and user experience of PatientPing’s application portfolio and will be involved in every step of the development cycle – building mockups, prototyping, and writing production-ready code. You should love to pursue tough problems, and are constantly searching for elegant solutions while striving for excellence.
What You Will Do:
• Work closely with QA and other engineers to build modern, scalable and high-performing front-end functionality
• Collaborate with the Product team to ensure all customer needs are met with excellence
• Maintain and extend existing production applications
What Success Looks Like:
In 3 months...
• Get up to speed quickly on our technology and development process
• Release several features and enhancements to our applications
• Adhere to standards and best practices
In 6 months...
• Develop a new piece of functionality
• Establish a partnership with product and back-end engineers
• Gain an understanding of industry knowledge and customer pain points
In 12 months...
• Become proficient in the estimation of tasks
• Demonstrate a track record of delivering features within expected timeframes
• Explore other aspects of the tech stack, and consider stretching to make contributions on the server side.
What You Need:
• 1-5+ years of programming experience
• Fundamental knowledge of React and able to build simple components
• Experience with a modern front-end build pipeline, e.g. webpack/npm/babel/etc.
• HTML5 and CSS3 experience
What You Get:
• Join one of the fastest growing health tech companies in the country
• Have the autonomy to build something with an enthusiastically supportive team
• Learn best practices from world class investors and advisors
• Become an expert on healthcare delivery system transformation, and work closely with the country’s most innovative health systems
• Receive cash and equity compensation with health, dental, and other benefits
PatientPing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.