Boston, MA /
Product – Design /
PatientPing is an innovative care collaboration platform that reduces the cost of healthcare and improves patient outcomes by seamlessly connecting providers to coordinate patient care. The platform enables providers to collaborate on shared patients through a comprehensive suite of solutions and allows provider organizations, health plans, governments, individuals and the organizations supporting them to leverage real-time patient data to reach their shared goals of improving the efficiency of our healthcare system.
As a Product Designer, you will partner with our product managers, engineers, customer-facing liaisons and operations managers to concept, design, prototype, test, and iterate on solutions that meaningfully equip providers to seamlessly coordinate patient experiences. We’re looking for a “specialized generalist” in UX research who thrives in ambiguity, can create clarity out of complexity, is curious about the business, and is passionate about improving healthcare experiences.
What You’ll be Doing:
• Deploy your research and testing toolkit to collect and codify actionable insights
• Translate complex user and business needs into solutions that deliver meaningful and measurable outcomes
• Drive the design process through discovery, concept development, validation, wireframing, prototyping, and final visual design
• Exercise your analytical skills to make data driven design decisions
• Be a design-thinking partner to product managers, engineers, customer liaisons, and operations managers
• Think strategically about fostering and nurturing a complex suite of solutions
• Create assets (wireframe, flow, mockup, prototype, etc.) at the appropriate level of detail for the need
What Success Looks Like:
In 3 months...
• Demonstration of strong collaboration, particularly with product partners
• Ownership of UX work for a cross-functional team
• Delivery of UX work proving strong UX skills
• Show a robust curiosity and early understanding of healthcare domain
In 6 months...
• Successful delivery of substantial UX project, including discovery and user research phases
• Actively contribute to shared UX components
• Demonstration of strong analytical and advanced problem-solving skills
In 12 months...
• Consistent and strong history of successful judgement calls
• Ability to independently manage project work including a defined process that works for UX and the cross-functional team
• Effective collaboration outside of individual team and across company
What You Need:
• More than 2 years of professional experience as a product/experience designer with some experience working as an in-house designer supporting the evolution of an existing product (startup experience preferred, agile approach preferred)
• Has experience doing end-to-end design (research to visual design) with emphasis on research
• A strong visual aesthetic and ability to deliver clean, production-ready designs.
• Solid conceptual and systems thinking
• Ability to discuss your work confidently connecting it to larger strategic objectives as well as clearly articulating tactical and execution decisions
• Strong listening skills
• Flexibility and comfort with the changing-nature of a dynamic business
• A healthy dose of curiosity
• An online portfolio demonstrating selections of your professional work for our review
What Would Be A Plus:
• Experience designing for healthcare providers
• Demonstrated interest in healthcare
• A design related degree or training such as HCI, psychology, anthropology, graphic design, and visual design
• Experience facilitating design workshops or sprints
• Understanding of the dynamics between the customer and the user in an enterprise SaaS context
• Data visualization experience
What You Get:
• Join one of the fastest growing health tech companies in the country
• An opportunity to be an early member of a growing design team and shape its growth
• Have the autonomy to build something with a brilliant, inspiring, and enthusiastically supportive team
• An opportunity to contribute meaningfully to a company looking to help solve one of the thorniest experience problems in the country - healthcare
• Become an expert on healthcare delivery system transformation, and work closely with the country’s most innovative health systems
PatientPing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.