Senior Software Engineer
Engineering – Software Engineering
PatientPing is a Boston-based care collaboration platform that reduces the cost of healthcare and improves patient outcomes by seamlessly connecting providers to coordinate patient care. The platform enables providers to collaborate on shared patients through a comprehensive suite of solutions and allows provider organizations, health plans, governments, individuals and the organizations supporting them to leverage this real-time data to reach their shared goals of improving the efficiency of our healthcare system.
We are actively hiring a full-time Senior Software Engineer who wants to craft something meaningful that will deeply impact patients' lives across the country. PatientPing supports a number of customer facing web-based applications that facilitate care-coordination. This position will work in a small autonomous team on the primary data ingestion tier of our application and have the opportunity to explore new technologies and approaches as you help to push our products and technology forward. If you like working with cross functional teams, being a contributor inside of a talented group of engineers, you'll love this job.
What You Will Do:
• Work closely with your team and engineering leadership to ensure the highest standards of design, implementation, performance, and security are met
• Work closely with the Product team to ensure all customer needs are met
• Design and build new features
• Maintain and extend existing features
• Anticipate and start planning the next generation of software products
What Success Looks Like:
In 3 months...
• Become familiar with the details of our business domain, development process, and codebase
• Ask questions and build healthcare industry knowledge
• Build new capabilities and enhance existing ones based on the needs of our customers
In 6 months...
• Participate in the design process
• Develop a new feature from concept to launch
• Conduct code reviews for peers
In 12 months...
• Demonstrate consistently delivering on feature development expectations
• Suggest ideas for technical enhancements
• Work as a strong partner to product
What You Need:
• 3+ years of Java development
• Modern Java frameworks (Spring Boot preferred)
• Relational database design and query via both SQL and ORM
• ElasticSearch or other document-oriented database
• Microservice architecture, including REST API design
• Asynchronous data pipelines using Kafka or similar modern messaging framework
• AWS or other public cloud environment
What You Get:
• Join one of the fastest growing health tech companies in the country
• Have the autonomy to build something with a brilliant and enthusiastically supportive team
• Learn best practices from world class investors and advisors
• Become an expert on healthcare delivery system transformation
• Receive cash and equity compensation with health, dental, and other benefits
PatientPing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.