Product – Data
PatientPing is a venture-backed health technology company based in Boston, MA that is transforming healthcare delivery. We are building a national network that connects providers with real-time notifications when their patients receive care anywhere, so that providers can better coordinate patient care. Our customers include hundreds of health systems, physician organizations, and post-acute care providers nationally. Our vision is bold—to build a national care coordination network that allows providers to put patients at the center of their care.
As a Data Analyst at PatientPing, you will work with our analysts, engineers, product managers, and customer operations team to identify actionable insights within our data. You are comfortable digging into raw data using common data tools, you understand business fundamentals, and you have experience clearly communicating complex results to a non-technical audience.
Given that we’ve got a network of healthcare providers across the country, sharing real-time messaging and notifications as patients move throughout the system, we of course generate and collect a ton of interesting data. This means we need to build up a team that can help us analyze and understand that data.
What Success Looks Like:
In 3 months…
• Become familiar with our business and the surrounding context
• Develop dashboards which will help our Growth and Market Operations teams work with customers more effectively
In 6 Months...
• Extract actionable insights that will help drive decisions across the business.
• Work with our feature teams to craft and answer questions.
In 12 months...
• Be a voice and advocate for using data to improve the quality of our decision-making
• Use advanced analytics tools to surface previously unknown opportunities
What You Need:
• You have previously worked as a Data Analyst, using SQL/Python/R to extract insights for review by product, engineering and business partners
• You are able to explain complex topics in simple terms
• You are capable of taking ownership of and pursuing very loosely defined problems
• You can provide examples of building positive relationships with colleagues and partners
What Would Be A Plus:
• A demonstrated interest in healthcare, and/or specific experience analyzing healthcare-specific data. Familiarity with dealing with sensitive (PHI or PII) data to extract meaningful insights while protecting patient privacy is a big plus
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
• An interest or background in predictive analytics and real-time data processing using Python and/or Scala and tools such as Apache Spark and Elastic MapReduce
What You Get:
• Be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company with many opportunities to expand the role and responsibilities
• Have the autonomy to build something with an enthusiastically supportive team
• Learn best practices from world class investors and advisors
• Become an expert on healthcare delivery system transformation, and work closely with the country’s most innovative health systems
• Receive cash and equity compensation with health, dental, and other benefits
PatientPing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.