San Francisco Bay Area /
Corporate Operations /
Pattern Ag is an agricultural technology company leveraging advances in genomics, data science, and microbiology to help farmers improve the productivity, profitability, and sustainability of their land. By applying genomic analysis to farm soil, we unlock a wide range of predictive insights that help farmers improve their soil health and optimize their spend on seed, crop protection, and fertility inputs. Combining these insights with the latest in digital sensing, data science, and machine learning, we are ushering in the era of predictive agriculture, powering on-farm decision making for millions of acres, and billions in crop spend.
The business is scaling up and the team is looking for an experienced Financial Planning & Analysis Manager. This is a dynamic role that will help set the course for Pattern's financial and business strategy for years to come. This individual will jump into strategic planning and budgeting across the organization, partnering directly with team leads and interfacing with the executive team and Board of Directors. The role will own the company's financial model, provide regular updates to leadership, and specifically work with the product team to build customer-facing product features for efficient and scalable billing.
The exceptional candidate will scale to eventually build out the FP&A team at Pattern. If you are looking to assume outsized responsibility at a quickly-growing, dynamic organization that is working on improving the sustainability of modern agriculture, then we look forward to meeting you!
This is a full-time position that reports directly into our Head of Finance and Corporate Operations.
Start Date: Immediately upon completion of pre-hire requirements.
Location: SF Bay Area preferred, but remote possible
- Run budgeting process with each operational and R&D team to plan future spending and inform long-term company strategy
- Own customer invoicing, payment processing, and monthly expense reporting processes
- Work with third-party accounting firm to close the books each month
- Provide of monthly updates to financial model and report out to management team and board
- Work with operations teams to build robust COGS tracking system
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years of finance experience at a high-growth or venture-backed startup
- Experience working in Quickbooks
- Experience at the manager level, or senior analyst level with desire to take the next step in their career
- Strong command of accounting, finance, and reporting principles
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical financial information clearly to a non-technical audience
- Prior experience in the biotechnology industry or a capex-intensive industry preferred, but not required
Thank you for considering Pattern Ag. We look forward to reviewing your application!