San Francisco Bay Area /
Corporate Operations /
Pattern Ag is an agricultural technology company leveraging advances in genomics, data science, and microbiology to help farmers improve the productivity, profitability, and sustainability of their land. By applying genomic analysis to farm soil, we unlock a wide range of predictive insights that help farmers improve their soil health and optimize their spend on seed, crop protection, and fertility inputs. Combining these insights with the latest in digital sensing, data science, and machine learning, we are ushering in the era of predictive agriculture, powering on-farm decision making for millions of acres, and billions in crop spend.
Pattern Ag is seeking an office manager to oversee day-to-day operations of our headquarters in Emeryville, CA. We’re looking for someone that will cultivate a welcoming and productive work environment that our employees are excited to come to each day. This person will play a critical role in shaping our office culture. This role reports to the VP of Finance and Corporate Operations, but will work cross-functionally across the organization and with external stakeholders.
This is a full-time position of 40 hours a week. Work is achieved during 8-hour work days, Monday through Friday. This position is required to be in the office 5 days per week.
Location: Emeryville, CA
Start Date: Immediately upon completion of pre-hire requirements.
- Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure that office is operating smoothly
- Manage office supplies and kitchen inventory and place orders as necessary
- Welcome partners, board members, potential investors, and other visitors
- Facilitate weekly company lunch deliveries
- Receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries, and manage outgoing mail
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implement new systems
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including managing scheduling for company executive(s), scheduling group meetings and coordinating logistics, assisting with office visits, etc.
- Assist with future office layout planning and office moves
- Manage and maintain IT infrastructure
Skills and Special Requirements
- Interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Expert problem solver and ability to anticipate team needs
- 2+ years of work experience
- Experience as an Office Manager or Administrative Assistant preferred but not required
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- While performing duties of this job, one would be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Compensation + Benefits
- $65,000/yr - $75,000/yr
- Comprehensive health plans (100% employee coverage, 50% dependents)
- Company equity
- Mental health stipend
- Unlimited PTO, with a corporate standard of at least 3 weeks off per year
- 11 paid holidays + paid sick time off
- Family & parental leave
Thank you for considering Pattern Ag. We look forward to reviewing your application!