Technical Program Manager
San Francisco Bay Area /
Data Science /
Pattern Ag is an agricultural technology company leveraging advances in genomics, data science, and microbiology to help farmers improve the productivity, profitability, and sustainability of their land. By applying genomic analysis to farm soil, we unlock a wide range of predictive insights that help farmers improve their soil health and optimize their spend on seed, crop protection, and fertility inputs. Combining these insights with the latest in digital sensing, data science, and machine learning, we are ushering in the era of predictive agriculture, powering on-farm decision making for millions of acres, and billions in crop spend.
The Data team is seeking a Technical Program Manager to work closely with the VP of Data as well as a team of cross-functional scientists and technicians to develop and validate new genomic-based analytic insights. You will be managing a product development and validation program, collecting and organizing information, developing roadmaps, and ensuring teams are synced on updates and blockers.
The Data Science Team at Pattern Ag is responsible for developing, optimizing, and validating soil metagenomic insights in agricultural settings across the midwest. The team is focused on those analytic insights that help drive increasingly strategic input decisions, through a deeper understanding of pathogen loads and soil health properties. If you have a fine eye for detail and an interest in working in a highly collaborative team to increase the sustainability of modern agriculture then we look forward to meeting!
- Work with executives in the company to align program goals to corporate strategy.
- Work with the other program, product, and functional team leads to successfully identify and execute project goals and needs.
- Develop detailed program roadmaps and project plans and timelines, including risk management plans, ensuring timely delivery with dependencies.
- Be able to recognize, measure, and mitigate risk with genomic assay development.
- Lead cross-functional teams in execution of product development from soil processing to DNA mapping.
- Ensure compliance with project management best practices and maintain systems and reports on project status.
- Manage individual projects within the program and work with project managers for successful and timely product release to market.
Required skills and background
- Strong aptitude and understanding of the technical aspects of genomic assay development, with a strong preference for laboratory experience.
- PhD in a relevant agriculture, biology, or genomics degree program.
- 3+ years of post graduate, industry experience and at least 1 year in a PM or TPM role.
- Ability to focus on long-term, big picture strategic goals while also ensuring project execution and excellence.
- Strong technical and empathy-focused communication skills.
- Experience as well as a passion for both project and program management strategies, with the ability to manage projects using both agile and waterfall technologies.
$130,000 - $160,000 a year
Thank you for considering Pattern Ag. We look forward to reviewing your application!