Fixed Term Contract
Paws is disrupting the global pet industry, bringing game changing innovation and customer wow to the way we love and live with our pets. Worldwide, it's a $100bn global industry and over 5 bn people and their pets make each other deeply happy every day - but it comes at a price. Cost of good food, unexpected vets bills, holiday care issues, missing walkies due to work, health scares, mess on the carpet...
That’s why our purpose is to make pet parenting all love and less stress - and not just for loved pets but those who get abandoned and abused too. We’re creating a new brand, a new way of shopping and a whole new way of helping people be the best pet parent they can be.
You’ll be joining our founding team of experienced, successful startup high flyers and entrepreneurs (multiple £100m+ exits previously), in our state of the art HQ near Exmouth Market - and you can bring your dog to work of course!
Startup job? Love dogs? This could be the internship for you!
Join the Paws team, we’re an early stage startup making life brilliant for both pets with great parents as well as pets in need.
You’ll be joining our small founding team, working directly with the dog shelters we give great free food to, plus packing up and sending out orders to our first ever customers. It’s very exciting times at Paws. It’ll be hard, rewarding work and you’ll be in the thick of it right next to the CEO!
Key skills you’ll need to have...
- You'll be great at pitching in with anything, learning the nuts and bolts of what goes into building and growing a startup from scratch.
- You might be helping with a photoshoot one day, doing a piece of research the next, all while sending our first orders out. ‘Yes, no problem’ is your favourite phrase
- You’ll be leading the collection of photos of shelters dogs, their names and stories from organisations across the UK - super attention to detail and care as you label and store up all this info is key - accuracy really matters!
- A love of lugging around 12kg bags of dog food, from our office basement, into our first branded boxes and off to the post office is vital!
- You’ll be totally responsible for getting the right stuff to our very first customers bang on time. You’ll be great at chatting to people, being confident, warm and helpful even if you’re having a hard day, our customers and their needs always come first
- A good knowledge of spreadsheets is also a must - that’s how we’ll be making sure customers get the right thing at the right time. They’re a great tool you’ll genuinely love
Bonus knowledge and experience
- We’ll be emailing all our customers with personal emails from the dogs their orders have helped support, so a knowledge of Mailchimp or similar software is an advantage
VALUES & CULTURE FIT:
- Failure 'breeds' opportunity
We believe in learning by doing, and what doesn't work points us to what will. We follow the principles of a Deliberately Developmental Organisation - so every one of us improves, every time.
- 11x it
We have a big vision to build a £1.1bn+ business, in a £111bn+ market, with a small team who thinks...BIG! We revel in step changes, big pivots and bold actions. We're changing behaviour at scale - prepare to be brave.
- Do the Right thing
We always do what is best, for the customer, their pet and animals everywhere. We believe that this is compatible with big business and that a huge number of consumers share our values.
- We take everyone on the journey
We have a totally inclusive culture with maximum transparency and zero hierarchy. We build our company strategy every quarter with the whole team and naturally everyone has shares in the business.
- Think beyond yourself
We are a kind, considerate bunch. Everyone answers the door, mucks in, and acts like owners. We do what some might say are not our jobs, we work late to help if something's kicking off, we walk each other's dogs.
To live these values we look for people that are,
Thoughtful, entrepreneurial, ambitious, down to earth, positive, self-starting, creative, challenging with the ability to push back, execution focussed, high integrity, fun, transparent, high energy, able to think strategically but also roll up their sleeves. Above all, scrappy with a sense of humour.