Paws is disrupting the global pet industry, bringing game changing innovation and customer wow to the way we love and live with our pets. Worldwide, it's a $100bn global industry and over 5 bn people and their pets make each other deeply happy every day - but it comes at a price. Cost of good food, unexpected vets bills, holiday care issues, missing walkies due to work, health scares, mess on the carpet...
That’s why our purpose is to make pet parenting all love and less stress - and not just for loved pets but those who get abandoned and abused too. We’re creating a new brand, a new way of shopping and a whole new way of helping people be the best pet parent they can be.
You’ll be joining our founding team of experienced, successful startup high flyers and entrepreneurs (multiple £100m+ exits previously), in our state of the art HQ near Exmouth Market - and you can bring your dog to work of course!
You’ll be joining a technology driven organisation starting from the ground up. Working closely with our experienced team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the product from the beginning and be part of a truly disruptive business in a very exciting space.
As a company we are low on politics, strive for excellence, and adopt a customer centric and lean approach to everything we do.
If you crave autonomy, want to work in a place that will be challenging, rewarding and with other people you will learn from, you’ve come to the right place.
What will you be doing, we hear you ask?
- Acting as the voice of our users
- Identifying real user problems and their needs
- Creating journey maps, user flows and use other methodologies to generate new ideas and potential solutions
- Using the Lean UX approach to collaborate with stakeholders, developers, researchers and the product design team.
- Improving user experience at Paws and being the positive change in an energetic, developing environment.
More about you...
- Deep experience in UX design and Lean UX process
- Several years working with state-of-the-art design and tools like Sketch, Invision and the Adobe CC Suite.
- eCommerce experience is a big plus
- Strong communication, critical thinking, creative problem-solving
- Interpersonal and analytical skills
VALUES & CULTURE FIT:
- Failure 'breeds' opportunity
We believe in learning by doing, and what doesn't work points us to what will. We follow the principles of a Deliberately Developmental Organisation - so every one of us improves, every time.
- 11x it
We have a big vision to build a £1.1bn+ business, in a £111bn+ market, with a small team who thinks...BIG! We revel in step changes, big pivots and bold actions. We're changing behaviour at scale - prepare to be brave.
- Do the Right thing
We always do what is best, for the customer, their pet and animals everywhere. We believe that this is compatible with big business and that a huge number of consumers share our values.
- We take everyone on the journey
We have a totally inclusive culture with maximum transparency and zero hierarchy. We build our company strategy every quarter with the whole team and naturally everyone has shares in the business.
- Think beyond yourself
We are a kind, considerate bunch. Everyone answers the door, mucks in, and acts like owners. We do what some might say are not our jobs, we work late to help if something's kicking off, we walk each other's dogs.
To live these values we look for people that are,
Thoughtful, entrepreneurial, ambitious, down to earth, positive, self-starting, creative, challenging with the ability to push back, execution focussed, high integrity, fun, transparent, high energy, able to think strategically but also roll up their sleeves. Above all, scrappy with a sense of humour.