Buying & Merchandising Fulfilment & Commercial
Paws is disrupting the global pet industry, bringing game changing innovation and customer wow to the way we love and live with our pets. Worldwide, it's a $100bn global industry and over 5 bn people and their pets make each other deeply happy every day - but it comes at a price. Cost of good food, unexpected vets bills, holiday care issues, missing walkies due to work, health scares, mess on the carpet...
That’s why our purpose is to make pet parenting all love and less stress - and not just for loved pets but those who get abandoned and abused too. We’re creating a new brand, a new way of shopping and a whole new way of helping people be the best pet parent they can be.
You’ll be joining our founding team of experienced, successful startup high flyers and entrepreneurs (multiple £100m+ exits previously), in our state of the art HQ near Exmouth Market - and you can bring your dog to work of course!
What will you be doing?
- You’ll have day-to-day ownership of the Paws pricing model. With a significant input into development of our pricing strategy in collaboration with the senior team, you’ll be making decisions on how we monitor and react to competitor pricing - plus making price changes when required
- You’ll own daily performance tracking for commercial purposes, always knowing how products, brands and promos are doing. You’re a natural at instinctively spotting trends, opportunities and problems in the numbers, and sharing these to the team in our daily stand up
- Your continuous input into the Paws product range is vital, including cost analysis and profitability as well as broader industry trends and spotting hot new products
- Key responsibility for analysis around manufacturer promotions lies with you, including forecasting so our partner expectations can be set. You’ll also lead analysis on performance and delivering insights back to manufacturers so we can run really effective promotions together
- Owning the manufacturer insights process is something you’ll relish, continuously monitoring performance of our partner brands and seeking out insights we can share with them for mutual benefit. You’ll be shaping the future strategy for how we structure insights as a partnership offering to significantly differentiate ourselves from the status quo. Let’s reinvent how this kind of relationship works!
- You’ll be responsible for analysis of the financial benefits that can be gained from our purchasing and fulfilment process, seeking opportunities for product cost savings we can pass on to our customers or efficiencies for our business model
- Frequently in direct contact with our manufacturers to support the Commercial Director and future commercial hires, you’ll be great at relationship building, plus supporting on analysis and reporting. You’ll never miss a chance to join meetings with our manufacturer partners provide strategic data support
Who are you?
- You’re an instinctive self-starter, just as good at identifying the right task to take on as getting it done
- Naturally data curious, you proactively seeking out new sources of information and are continuously asking questions of the data
- A true data evangelist, you take take the team on the journey as you form key insights
- Highly collaborative, you default to ‘sharing with everyone’ mode
- You’re not afraid of getting stuck in - as number two in a small but fast growing commercial team, the questions we tackle aren’t always on our job description
- You’re highly experienced with a wide range of data tools. An Excel magician, also familiar with Google Data Studio, Tableau, etc., you’re at home running this for us
- You’ve got opinions, and are able to make decisions about the best tools for our team
- Your sociable and friendly approach is known across Paws
- Being an animal lover is not essential but a big plus!
VALUES & CULTURE FIT:
- Failure 'breeds' opportunity
We believe in learning by doing, and what doesn't work points us to what will. We follow the principles of a Deliberately Developmental Organisation - so every one of us improves, every time.
- 11x it
We have a big vision to build a £1.1bn+ business, in a £111bn+ market, with a small team who thinks...BIG! We revel in step changes, big pivots and bold actions. We're changing behaviour at scale - prepare to be brave.
- Do the Right thing
We always do what is best, for the customer, their pet and animals everywhere. We believe that this is compatible with big business and that a huge number of consumers share our values.
- We take everyone on the journey
We have a totally inclusive culture with maximum transparency and zero hierarchy. We build our company strategy every quarter with the whole team and naturally everyone has shares in the business.
- Think beyond yourself
We are a kind, considerate bunch. Everyone answers the door, mucks in, and acts like owners. We do what some might say are not our jobs, we work late to help if something's kicking off, we walk each other's dogs.
To live these values we look for people that are,
Thoughtful, entrepreneurial, ambitious, down to earth, positive, self-starting, creative, challenging with the ability to push back, execution focussed, high integrity, fun, transparent, high energy, able to think strategically but also roll up their sleeves. Above all, scrappy with a sense of humour.