Technical Support Engineer
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud distributor exclusively focused on offering cloud services to the IT channel. Its innovative cloud-focused services enable channel partners to accelerate growth in the cloud through on-demand selling and marketing, provisioning and subscription automation. Pax8 is a fast growing, dynamic Software as a Service (SaaS) business serving 1000+ partners in North America, and thrives on a high-energy startup culture, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business with your creative ideas.
An L1 Service Support engineer is an essential role within Pax8 providing support service to our clients.
The L1 engineer will perform daily ticket management duties for the initial ticket triage and service restoration. This position involves direct interaction with customers to address service issues and will escalate service to L2 support engineer. Direct contact with vendors will be required to expedite service restoration. Working outside normal business hours may be required.
Responsibilities for this role include
- Provide first tier admin support for Pax8 products
- Strict adherence to the use of the ticketing system for ALL incidents, changes and problems.
- Monitor and Manage ticket work queues
- Investigate and resolve service issues
- User account management
- Perform basic troubleshooting.
- Must be able to communicate technical issue in terms that any audience can understand
- Must provide updates to clients on technical outages
- May be asked to provide shift coverage.
Skills and Experience
- Experience diagnosing problems with software and cloud products. Specific experience with Symantec cloud security, Microsoft Office 365, Azure, cloud backup systems, or similar technologies is highly preferred.
- Experience with mail flow troubleshooting, DNS configuration, email migrations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Linux/Windows operating systems (Red Hat, Centos, Ubuntu, Windows 2008, Windows 2012, Windows 2016).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory both on premise or in Azure AD preferred.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience working on Windows/Linux server operating systems.
- Excellent analytical skills & problem solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Ability to communicate professionally by phone and email.
- Must be customer service oriented and work well in a team oriented collaborative environment.
- Demonstrate a technical awareness of network topology, protocols and server connectivity.
- Experience with KVM hypervisor, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware or other main-stream virtualization products
- Experience with TCP/IP networking, routing, switching, firewalls
- A Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science, or a similar discipline is preferred.
- Experience level 2 years.
- ITIL certification
- MCSA/MCSE preferred