People Operations Business Partner
The People Ops Business Partner provides subject matter expertise to employees and people leaders. He/she ensures an exceptional employee journey from beginning to end, including providing guidance to front-line employees and their leaders. The Business Partner assists in defining and executing People Ops strategies that enable us to meet our business objectives.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Consulting with leaders on people-related matters and providing People Ops policy guidance, interpretation, and solutions (e.g., includes working to improve work relationships, building morale, and increasing productivity and retention, etc.)
- Supporting the “New Hire Experience” through the facilitation of new employee round-tables, coaching managers on new hire on-boarding, and assisting with administrative functions as necessary
- Administering and supporting benefits processes, and assisting employees with benefit issues
- With Director oversight, managing and resolving complex employee relations issues; conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations
- Providing day-to-day performance management guidance to people leaders (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, separations, etc.)
- Analyzing trends and metrics with the Director of People Ops to develop innovative solutions, programs, and policies
- Working together with Finance to accurately and timely process payroll
- Driving processes regarding new hires, promotions, and transfers
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least five (5) years’ experience in People Operations (Human Resources) with experience handling employee relations situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to work at a fast pace with accuracy and attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, and the ability to reduce corporate legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer focus
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in Human Resources, Finance, or Business Administration or related field of study; or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state employment laws
- HR certification preferred: PHR and/or SHRM-CP
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 6,000 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.