Career Development Specialist
The Career Development Specialist is responsible for supporting the learning culture and internal career development programs offered through Pax8 University. He/she ensures that every employee has access to a wealth of resources designed to enhance their effectiveness and grow their career. The Specialist provides insights, innovative ideas, and recommendations for achieving strategic goals and initiatives of Pax8 University. He/she reports to the Career Development Director and develops content and provides training for new managers and aspiring leaders. The Career Development Specialist will be an expert on the Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Tool and provide training to managers relative to job targets, interviewing, team dynamics and coaching guides.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Provide training that supports the “Leadership Learning Journey” for aspiring leaders. This includes using materials already created and making minimal custom adjustments as needed to fit the Pax8 culture and voice. Prepare for and facilitate leadership workshops, reconnect sessions, and individual practice boosters.
- Conduct Core Competency sessions: finalize role-based competencies, meet separately with employees and their supervisors, facilitate discussions based on those results, develop employee Career Action Plan and conduct 1:1 coaching sessions with employees to assist in meeting their Career Action Plan.
- Manage the Predictive Index (PI) assessment program. Includes training employees and teams to understand their communication and management preferences; identifying job-specific target profiles for use in the interviewing process; and developing and facilitating manager training on resources available through the PI portal to better coach employees and select team members for specific initiatives.
- Develop New Manager Onboarding Courses and facilitate the training with subject matter experts. Record modules for eLearning courses, to be assigned to employees as they are promoted to first line management roles.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Experience facilitating soft-skills leadership training
- Experience providing career coaching to employees
- Ability to be an agile learner who’s accustomed to navigating a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Ability to be a self-motivated, strategic creative worker with a drive for excellence
- Ability to be highly organized and detail-oriented, along with the ability to prioritize and multitask
Required Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience
- Ten or more years in career development and/or facilitation and training
- Korn Ferry experience preferred
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 6,000 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.