Manager of Design
Greenwood Village /
Marketing – Marketing /
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - Nor do we look for the right "fit" with us, we look for the Add! We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment where there are a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
Pax8 also encourages all applicants authorized to work in the US to apply regardless of location.
The Manager of Design is an equally creative + strategic manager who manages our designers and works closely with the copywriters, marketing managers, and product teams to drive engagement and elevate our brand. They are part of an insanely fast-paced marketing team that values new ideas, experimentation, and taking risks. The Manager is an engaged design leader with proven experience, who motivates and mentors a small, but mighty, team of graphic designers.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Manages, engages, builds, teaches, and provides creative direction to a team of designers
- Upholds and ensures brand consistency in voice, tone, look, and feel
- Collaborates with other marketing managers to provide direction on campaign briefs - offering clarity around objectives, timelines, and deliverables
- Guides and encourages innovative thinking via creative brainstorms with copywriters, designers, video, and social media team to develop and deliver engaging campaign content/creative
- Leads cross-functional relationship building to ensure alignment on creative direction and brand standards
- Cultivates a design culture that attracts and retains top design talent
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least five (5) years of significant experience in a similar role within an advertising agency, entertainment, or technology company, including three (3) years of management experience
- Ability to build strong identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Ability to create new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Ability to consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances
- Ability to gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Experience leading and creating high-quality, integrated campaigns
- Extensive experience and confidence working within a fast moving and cross-functional focused environment
- Experience as a motion designer, with skills in graphic design, brand design, and 3d animation
- Understanding of today’s media landscape and creative trends in digital marketing, culture, and design sensibilities that extend across content genres
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), as well as excellent presentation skills
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator/Photoshop), Cinema 4d, After Effects, Simple Adobe Premiere.
- Ability to collaborate on Interactive Graphics “Toolkit” for video editors to repurpose
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite
- Ability to present portfolio of previous work product
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.S./B.A. degree or equivalent work experience; B.S./B.A. in art, graphic design, marketing, or communication design is preferred
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $115,000 or more depending on experience
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
401(k) plan with employer match
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
Flexible, Open Vacation
Paid Sick Time Off
Extended Leave for Life events
RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
Career Development Programs
Stock Option Eligibility
Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 6,000 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.