DevOps Engineer III
The DevOps Engineer III contributes to the architecture, development, automation, testing, and maintenance of our software infrastructure. He/she works hand-in-hand with technical leadership, software engineers, and other DevOps members to solve exciting challenges as we grow. We are moving from a centralized monolith to a distributed microservice ecosystem – the DevOps Engineer uses tools and frameworks such as docker containers, Kubernetes (EKS), terraform, and other cloud native technologies. He/she will also be advancing our continuous integration/continuous deployment capabilities so that we can deliver value to the business at an ever-increasing rate.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Supports the technical approach for Microservice Architecture and provides oversight across multiple projects, working directly with Dev teams.
- Supports and maintains Continuous Integration of Pax8 Microservices in AWS using Terraform
- Mentors Development and DevOps Engineers
- Performs quality assurance reviews in areas of expertise
- Establishes operational monitoring and performance metrics for AWS resources
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Five (5) to ten (10) years' experience supporting an application development, preferably with Java based web platform
- Experience managing multi AWS accounts
- Strong working knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experience supporting greenfield Cloud Native architectures
- Configuration management and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools: Ansible, Terraform
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) experience using tools like Jenkins
- Experience with networking principles and technologies (ACL’s, Subnetting, DNS, load balancers, reverse proxies, etc.)
- Experience with source code control systems such as Git, BitBucket, Subversion/SVN, or Microsoft TFS
- Experience working in a Lean/Agile environment using tools such as Wrike, Jira, LeanKit, Rally, Asana or Trello
- Ability to promote best practices in application development and software architecture, including accessibility and performance
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability
- Strong desire for automation
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Sharp, disciplined, self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project
- Database skills including PSQL and data modeling preferred
- AWS, Azure, GCP, or Kubernetes certifications preferred
- Experience supporting NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB or MongoDB preferred
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.S./B.A. degree in IT, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 6,000 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.