Instructional Designer (Contract)
The Instructional Designer is responsible for designing and developing curriculum for Pax8. This includes creating eLearning modules and knowledge assessments for our Learning Management System (LMS) and content that supports learning, such as job aids, slide decks, etc. He/she works closely with the VP of Pax8 University and key stakeholders, to identify and implement training programs that support our business objectives.
Contractor must be local and will be required to be in office at least 3 days per week.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Working closely with sales managers and representatives, identifies key business objectives, critical behaviors, and leading indicators in order to align training with business outcomes. Based on this information, designs eLearning to allow learners to practice critical behaviors, supply them with required information in a clear and understandable manner, and assess their skills
- Working alongside our training team of instructors and working closely with our internal community of SME’s and stakeholders, performs needs assessments, designs interactive self-paced training solutions (e.g., presentations, product demonstrations, activities, and assessments), and provides certifications
- With the user experience in mind, visualizes and creates instructional graphics, the user interface, and the finished product; also creates supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Utilizes or creates content and develops interactive self-paced courses, to be used in the LMS, for refresher training and product expertise certifications
- Owns the full content development lifecycle from learning objectives and design, through development, launch, and maintenance; translates product/technical training requirements into an engaging eLearning curriculum that can easily be maintained through time
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least five (5) years of instructional design and curriculum development experience is required
- Passion for enabling others to be successful
- Expertise with Adult Learning Theory concepts is required
- Expertise with LMS is required
- Expertise with Articulate Rise and Articulate Storyline 360 is required
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud is preferred
- Technical sales training or technical product training experience is preferred
- Rapid Content Development (Agile) experience is required
- Managed Service Provider business acumen is preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Mastery of tools, principles, and best practices for developing technical training course materials
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter, with the ability to quickly pivot with new concepts
- Ability to work independently and autonomously, while being a collaborative problem solver
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in Educational Technology, Instructional System Design, Computer Science, Business Systems Management, or equivalent work experience
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 6,000 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.