Software Engineer I- Java
Greenwood Village /
Software Engineering – Software Engineering /
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - Nor do we look for the right "fit" with us, we look for the Add! We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment where there are a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
Pax8 also encourages all applicants authorized to work in the US to apply regardless of location.
The Software Engineer I contributes to the development of software involving the routine application of proven, well-documented techniques. He/she works with technical leaders to prepare detailed plans, generally spanning several weeks, and conducts simple investigative analyses and tests.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Learns coding techniques/standards and applies them to their work; prepares detailed plans
- Develops and codes new application features
- Debugs, tests, and troubleshoots application throughout the development process
- Works collaboratively with peers to solve pressing software issues
- Assists in the design and implementation of new software applications
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Up to three (3) years of relevant software development experience
- Moderate experience with a relevant programming language (e.g., Java, Groovy, etc.)
- Collaborative mindset and work abilities
- Ability to effectively absorb and apply peer feedback
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.S./B.A. degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $70,000 or more depending on experience
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
401(k) plan with employer match
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
Flexible, Open Vacation
Paid Sick Time Off
Extended Leave for Life events
RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
Career Development Programs
Stock Option Eligibility
Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 6,000 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.