Business Intelligence and Data Analyst
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 2500 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
The Business Intelligence and Data Analyst will be deeply involved in taking Pax8’s BI and analysis capabilities to an even higher level as we continue to rapidly grow our business. Although this position resides in the Sales Operations and Analytics department within the Finance team, the incumbent will have a significant impact on reporting, dashboards, and analysis throughout the organization. This role will interface regularly with the Engineering/Development team, so technical competence is critical. In addition, this role requires the application of sound business judgment and working closely with business leaders within Pax8 (particularly in Sales, Engineering, and Finance).
- Designing, developing, and deploying BI solutions using Microsoft BI technologies including Power BI and Excel
- Building compelling, interactive and actionable reporting on top of structured data models
- Working with internal stakeholders to understand their business needs. Framing business questions in analytic terms and translating business requirements into datasets, analyses, models, reports, and presentations/visuals to both technical and non-technical audiences to unlock operational value
- Analyzing new/disparate data sources to integrate with existing datasets (we have a strong data warehouse solution already in place) to tell a comprehensive BI story
- Supporting the full BI lifecycle from requirements analysis to design/development to release and support/maintenance phases
- Supporting ad hoc reporting and analysis needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent listening skills. High EQ.
- Demonstrated success in designing, developing, and delivering reporting and analysis with Microsoft Power BI
- SQL and DAX development experience (time intelligence, table functions, scalar functions)
- Strong QA and troubleshooting skills
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, functions, macros, charts, etc.; Power Pivot and VBA are a plus)
Experience that would be a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a related field
- 1-2 years of experience in business analysis, operations analysis, planning/forecasting, financial analysis, or statistical analysis
- Experience working with sales module of a CRM such as Salesforce.com (e.g., understanding data model fundamentals, relationships across objects/tables, etc.)