Career Development Specialist
Greenwood Village /
People Org – Pax8 University /
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - Nor do we look for the right "fit" with us, we look for the Add! We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment where there are a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
Pax8 also encourages all applicants authorized to work in the US to apply regardless of location.
The Career Development Specialist supports the learning culture and internal career development programs offered through Pax8 University. They ensure that every employee has access to a wealth of resources designed to enhance their effectiveness and grow their career. The Specialist provides insights, innovative ideas, and recommendations for achieving strategic goals and initiatives of Pax8 University. They facilitate competency/ career discussions with leaders and their employees and focus on Elev8ing employees’ competencies with coaching and customized Career Action Plans. The Specialist utilizes the Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Tool to help employees understand their unique drives, communication styles, and how they best like to be coached. They provide training to managers relative to Predictive Index job targets, interviewing, team dynamics and coaching guides. The Specialist also develops content and facilitates training for employees and leaders.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Conduct Core Competency sessions: finalize role-based competencies, meet separately with employees and their supervisors, facilitate discussions based on those results, develop employee Career Action Plan and conduct 1:1 coaching sessions with employees to assist in meeting their Career Action Plan
- Manage the Predictive Index (PI) assessment program. Includes training employees and teams to understand their communication and management preferences; identifying job-specific target profiles for use in the interviewing process; and developing and facilitating manager training on resources available through the PI portal to better coach employees and select team members for specific initiatives.
- Provide training that supports the “Leadership Learning Journey” for Pax8 leaders. This includes using materials already created and making minimal custom adjustments as needed to fit the Pax8 culture and voice. Prepare for and facilitate leadership workshops, reconnect sessions, and individual practice boosters.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least ten years’ experience in career development and/or facilitation and training
- Understanding of competencies and how they are used to understand employees’ strengths and identify development opportunities
- Experience providing career coaching to employees
- Experience facilitating soft-skills leadership training
- Ability to use a combination of feedback and reflections to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Ability to develop people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals
- Ability to create a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Ability to gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Ability to be an agile learner who’s accustomed to navigating a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Ability to be a self-motivated, strategic creative worker with a drive for excellence
- Ability to be highly organized and detail-oriented, along with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Knowledge of and experience with the Korn Ferry competency program preferred
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $95,000 or more depending on experience
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
401(k) plan with employer match
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
Flexible, Open Vacation
Paid Sick Time Off
Extended Leave for Life events
RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
Career Development Programs
Stock Option Eligibility
Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 6,000 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.