Technical Support Engineer (Wed-Sat overnight shift)
San Antonio, TX
The Technical Support Engineer is an essential role within Pax8 providing support service to our clients. He/She will perform daily ticket management duties for the initial ticket triage and service restoration. This position involves direct interaction with customers to address service issues and will escalate to the next tier where appropriate. Direct contact with vendors will be required to expedite service restoration. Work hours Wednesday – Saturday 9pm – 8am
Responsibilities for this role include
- Provide first tier support for Pax8 products
- Strict adherence to the use of the ticketing system for ALL incidents, changes and problems.
- Monitor/Manage ticket work queues and provide/obtain updates to pending cases.
- Investigate and resolve service issues
- User account management
- Perform basic troubleshooting and triage to vendors should attempts fail
- Must be able to communicate technical issue in terms that any audience can understand
- Must provide updates to clients on technical outages
Skills and Experience
- Experience diagnosing problems with software and cloud products. Specific experience with Symantec cloud security, Microsoft Office 365, Azure, cloud backup systems, or similar technologies is highly preferred.
- Experience with mail flow troubleshooting, DNS configuration, email migrations.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems (Windows 2008, Windows 2012, Windows 2016).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory both on premise or in Azure AD preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills & problem solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Ability to communicate professionally by phone and email.
- Must be customer service oriented and work well in a team oriented collaborative environment with some remote aspects.
- Demonstrate a technical awareness of network topology, protocols and server connectivity.
- A Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science, or a similar discipline is preferred.
- Experience level: at least 2 years.
- ITIL certification
- MCSA/MCSE preferred
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 6,000 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.