Sr. Systems Engineer
Internal IT Support
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 2500 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Sr. Systems Engineer, physically present in the Denver Pax8 Corporate offices, is responsible for resolving escalated service issues, coaching others to resolutions, designing, engineering, implementing, documenting and handing off completed complex projects. As well as responsible for maintaining and overseeing the overall technology. This role is a key position within the Internal IT department and will be called upon to resolve the highest-level technical issues. This role reports to the Director of Internal IT.
- Design, engineer, document, hand-off, train and support of assigned projects to the operations team.
- Support design and provide support for all environments owned by Internal IT
- Provide Administration and Support to LAN / WAN resources, routers, firewalls and security systems.
- Provide Engineering and Administration support to Azure Cloud Infrastructure, O365 environment, Azure AD, Azure AD Dynamic Groups, Microsoft Intune, routers, firewalls and security systems.
- Perform network assessments, security audits, internal systems audits and reviews
- Work with Director of IT to Engineer projects, identify new products and solutions, and research solutions for new systems deployment
- Document maintenance for all systems, cloud, on-prem and network infrastructure
- Communication with internal customers and Director of IT as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Be available for other engineers, System Administrators and coach them to resolution
- Implements Cloud-First Infrastructure
- Setup, tear-down, and heavy documentation of internal POC environments for the purpose of testing internal efforts
- Heavy documentation and training when handing off projects to the Operations Teams
Required Exp and Knowledge:
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft on-prem and Cloud Technologies
- O365 Engineering and Administration
- Azure AD Engineering and Administration
- Azure Engineering and Administration
- Design, Engineering, and Administration of SSO Infrastructure
- Microsoft Intune and Engineering and Administration (Windows, iOS, etc.)
- Telephone System Engineering and Administration (RingCentral, inContact)
- Thorough understanding of Router and Switching technologies
- LAN Engineering and Administration (Ubiquity, HP Aruba, Cisco Meraki)
- Router / Firewall and Administration (Ubiquity, Cisco, Forcepoint NGFW)
- Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams, Yammer, OneDrive, Planner, Power BI, Delve, Video, Sway Engineering and Administration
- Office 365 PowerShell, Azure PowerShell, Azure CLI scripting experience
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of the ITSM Framework
- Engineering and Administration of Cloud Printing solutions
- Thorough understanding of Windows Autopilot
- Thorough understand of Helpdesk solutions (such as Zendesk, ServiceNow, etc.)
- Engineering and Administration of Radius and VPNs
- Engineering and administration of Private Virtualization Technologies
- Thorough understanding, Engineering and administration of Security Software; such as, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Phishing, security Scanners and other Security software and technologies
- Engineering of Administration of Microsoft Security, Compliance, Device Management in relationship to Alerts, Monitoring, Reporting, Classification, Policies, Data governance, eDiscovery and other features.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of Engineering Experience or an Industry equivalent