We are looking for an energetic candidate who is eager to learn and grow with Pax8.
The Cloud Sales Engineer will work with the sales team (Cloud Solutions Advisors, Service Delivery Managers, and Channel partners) in a pre-sales role to qualify, manage, provide solution designs and close sales opportunities. To be considered for the role - candidates must have extensive background in cloud server environments and setting up cloud server environments independently, while continuing to expand knowledge/skill set within the SaaS product line.
The Sales Engineer performs comprehensive discovery, analysis, and definition of client issues and documents implementation in the form of a technical solution. The Sales Engineer will design leading-edge solutions containing a wide variety of technologies and transition customer solution designs to sales teams.
During the qualifying process, confirm that products meet the prospect's requirements and assist sales in technical qualification. Throughout the proposal process, articulate and demonstrate solutions, influence customer's technical requirements, and position products relative to competition.
This position also functions as part of the internal product training team delivering classes to sales direct sales teams and channel partners.
Skills and Qualifications Desired:
- Problem Solving
- Product Knowledge
- Presentation Skills
- General Programming Skills
- Technical Understanding
- Verbal Communication
- Requirements Analysis
- Basic Cloud IaaS Design/Architecture
- InfiniBand/Ethernet knowledge
- API (Rest)
- Big Data Architecture
- Open Source Technologies
- Windows Server Architecture
- Automation tools
- Cloud Security and Best Practices
- Attend pre-sales client meetings and presentations with account representatives.
- Determine scope and develop proposals as needed.
- Identify client requirements: (technical requirements, client infrastructure, configuration, and requirements), technical design (including solution configurations and diagrams).
- Work with Sales Team and Support to ensure successful delivery of solutions to customers.
- Provide the customer with all necessary documentation for the successful completion of the project (including solution configurations and diagrams).
- Provide pre-sales support for new and existing customers
- Promoting Professional Services Engagements when applicable
- Identifying problems/risks and finding a technical solution before customer deployments go live on ProfitBricks
- Successfully demonstrate both IaaS and SaaS solutions to partners
- Participate in scheduled sales team meetings/conference calls.
- Deliver on line and on-site product demonstrations (as required or requested).
- Travel, as needed, to industry events, prospect and partner sites
- Additional responsibilities may include; handling technical presentations at trade shows and conferences; and ensuring proactive communications with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain an in-depth level of technical and industry knowledge through ongoing training, seminars and certifications through ongoing training, seminars and certifications.
- Review architectural designs and definitions of proposed application implementation
- Implement and design the network infrastructure per design specifications
- Provision servers in a managed or cloud hosting environment according to the requested specifications
- Work with application architects or different functional teams in order to educate the customer on best practices and make sure that their datacenter is in concordance with the requirements.
- Familiarity with Cloud Hosting, Virtualization, MS Windows Server(Exchange, SharePoint, Active Directory, SQL&IIS), Web-based applications, Linus Server(PHP, Apache, MySQL), Disaster Recovery, Infrastructure monitoring, Storage and Backup(SAN, NAS, DAS) and Database clustering technologies
- Ability to identify different designs and implementation issues and provide feasible solutions
- Proven ability to work independently or under general directions and effective managing your own time
- A high level of business acumen and strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to take a creative approach to different situation and problem solving
- Preferred: Four year technical degree such as Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering. The equivalent in experience and certification is also highly preferred
- At least 5 years relevant work experience