Director of Video Production
Santa Rosa, California
The Director of Video Production is responsible for coordinating Pax8’s myriad film and audio projects, including educational, web, documentary, and broadcast content, and delivering professionally edited results of the highest quality. Additionally, the Director of Video Production owns AV strategy, AV/Video budgets and equipment, and AV and show production for any and all of Pax8’s large-scale, live events. As the driving force behind film, audio, and major event production projects at Pax8, and the senior member of the Video & Media Production team, the Director of Video Productions responsible for sourcing and managing talent, as well as coordinating schedules and capacity to ensure the Video & Media Production team can execute and deliver on the needs of the organization and its video and education strategies.
- Establish list of equipment, tools, and software necessary to build out and maintain two Pax8 studios, including camera, audio, and lighting equipment, timers, teleprompters, rigging, and editing software and computer programs, screens, backup, and storage. Maintain equipment and systems for use.
- Lead Video & Media Production team, including hiring and development of FTE video editors and subcontracted AV/Production teams, freelance editors, motion graphics artists, colorists, and more, as needed.
- Establish and maintain video and media production budgets, including special event budgets, rights and licenses, and purchasing of props and equipment. Deliver actualized budgets and complete wrap documents upon completion of projects.
- Work in collaboration with other stakeholders, including eStaff, Education, Marketing, Sales, Events, and other teams to establish a video/media calendar, key metrics, and expected deliverables.
- Oversee all aspects of production and ensure deadlines are met, including coordination and supervision of pre- and post-production leads through editorial, sound mix, color correction, QC and creation of deliverables, and distribution.
- Oversee production of complete suite of video and audio content designed to position Pax8 as the leader in technology and sales education in the channel.
- Show production for audiences of 30 to 2000+, including development and adherence to AV budgets; procurement of proposals and recommendations from outside AV vendors; creative direction, strategy and planning; development of Run of Show spreadsheets; and explicit pre-event and on-site direction.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- 7+ years of video production experience, including editing and/or pre-/post-production supervising, and research experience
- 7+ years of experience leading in-house video team
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in a production environment
- Experience producing and/or directing for video
- Experience managing various production environments from “in-studio” to “on-location”, as well as post-production
- Experience and high comfort level with production cameras and production sound recording equipment.
- High level understanding of technology related to post-production; for example, FCPX, Motion, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Media Encoder
- Experience with file-based workflows, codecs, and compression schemes for broadcast and social deliverables
- Storyboarding experience / visual storytelling capabilities
- Understanding of data management systems, DAM solutions, and workflows, including backup and archival procedures and best practices a plus
- Experience with motion graphics and/or animation a plus
- Self-motivated, strategic creative worker with a drive for executional excellence
- Experienced team leader with a mentor/growth mindset and proven track record of developing talent
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask, essential for setting timelines and assigning tasks to wider Video & Media Production Team.
- Creative thinker and problem solver—always looking beyond the available options when up against roadblocks
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with internal and external teams
- Ability to work in a cross-functional organization and demonstrate team leadership skills
- Experience learning and navigating within a high-growth and fast paced environment
- Proven leadership capabilities, including talent development and training
Required Education and Certifications:
- B.S./B.A. degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- At least seven (7) years of directly relevant experience
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 6,000 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.