Santa Rosa, California
The Video Preditor is responsible for production and post-production of video and audio content at Pax8. Reporting to the Director of Video Production, the Preditor will work closely with the Video & Media Production Team to ensure a smooth and productive workflow, while maintaining high productivity and technical standards. A successful Video Preditor is creatively minded and capable of generating new ideas and contributing to the ideation process. This role is expected to regularly manage multiple projects simultaneously, both in studio and in the field; be adept at editing in FCPX, Adobe CC Master Collection (Premiere, AE, etc.), and industry standard audio editing tools; as well as comfortable shooting, coaching talent, equipment setup, background setup, lighting and sound. The Preditor will consistently demonstrate a combination of on-set producing, creative ideation/pitching of video concepts, and expert hands-on shooting and video editing.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Working collaboratively across teams, shoot and edit video and audio content and deliver final video product to the required platform specifications, from extensive video-based certification trainings to short teasers and promo ads.
- Invent creative and effective video ideas, stories and methods to get strategic objectives across to Pax8’s myriad audiences in new and interesting ways.
- Write basic scripts, storylines and storyboard concepts for new videos.
- Demonstrate relevant technical expertise, including operation of professional video cameras on shoots; ensure optimal lighting for shoots in both a studio or on-location environment; operate professional sound and microphone systems; maintain proficiency in relevant professional video editing software and continue to develop skill set; create basic motion graphics and text effects.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, including eStaff, Marketing, Sales, and Training, to devise new video ideas and influence the direction of the Video & Media Production Team.
- Write preliminary video titles, descriptions, tags, title cards and conclusions (toppers & tailers) for videos and audio segments.
- Finds and reports on video analytics to show the effectiveness of videos and overall video strategy. Creatively finds new ways to demonstrate video/audio ROI.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Final Cut Pro 7, 10 or Adobe Premiere a must
- Demonstrated ability to own video projects from start to finish
- Green screen editing experience a must
- A self-motivated, strategic creative worker with a drive for executional excellence, with exceptional storytelling instincts
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines, while managing multiple simultaneous projects
- Creative thinker and problem solver—always looking beyond the available options when up against roadblocks
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with internal and external teams
- Ability to work in a cross-functional organization and demonstrate team leadership skills
- Experience learning and navigating within a high-growth and fast paced environment
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.S./B.A. degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- At least four (4) years of directly relevant video production and editing experience
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 6,000 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.