Channel Development Representative
Greenwood Village /
Sales – Cloud Generation Specialist /
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - Nor do we look for the right "fit" with us, we look for the Add! We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment where there are a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
Pax8 also encourages all applicants authorized to work in the US to apply regardless of location.
Be a Cloud Wingman to our partners. Recruit Pax8 Partners and set up next steps with an Account Manager to help them develop their cloud business.
The Cloud Development Representative (CDR) is someone with sales or business development experience. He/she recruits Pax8 Partners from the Cloud Generation Team and sets them up with an Account Manager to help develop their cloud business. The CDR helps assess Partner and customer needs, provides demo presentations, and qualifies prospects.
We love our Partners, and our Partners love us. We help them build revenue and succeed with cloud services. A typical day involves speaking with customers and Partners to identify needs for Pax8 cloud services.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Run Partner Recruitment calls to speak with Partners who are looking to develop their cloud business and get them set up with an Account Manager
- Qualify and build opportunities for Partners who are looking to grow their cloud services
- Follow up with Partners who organically sign up to work with Pax8 and qualify their business needs in order to set them up with the appropriate Account Manager
- Follow up with vendor referral leads who want to partner with Pax8 and qualify their business needs in order to set them up with the appropriate Account Manager
- Attend weekly onboarding calls between Account Managers and their new Partners to help build that relationship
- Assist in training other CDRs and Cloud Generation Specialists on cloud services and the value we add
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Display leadership skills by demonstrating a high standard of customer service skills and conveying a professional, yet friendly demeanor
- Critical thinking and interpersonal skills are a must, as well as flexibility to perform certain tasks effectively and within occasional time constraints
- Ability to thrive in an energetic, competitive atmosphere
- Ability to be a team player that is accountable for results
- Ability to consistently achieve revenue targets
- Experience handling cold calling and opportunity qualification
- Ability to take ownership and manage sales cycle, identify prospects, and close new business with the primary goal of driving revenue and increasing Pax8 market share
- Acquire and/or demonstrate a solid understanding of business technology products and services for categories such as Security, Data Management, Collaboration, Hosted Communications, Mobility, Business Productivity, and Infrastructure
- Ability to learn and utilize the Pax8 sales methodology
- Ability to build relationships with sales teams to build strategies around new sales opportunities
- Ability to identify and understand the prospect’s business objectives and come across as a cloud technology expert that can provide business solutions to resolve the prospect's pain points
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.S./B.A. degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Qualified candidates can expect an on target earnings beginning at $60,000 or more depending on performance
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
401(k) plan with employer match
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
Flexible, Open Vacation
Paid Sick Time Off
Extended Leave for Life events
RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
Career Development Programs
Stock Option Eligibility
Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 6,000 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.