Principal Engineer- Applications
Companies around the globe rely on Paxata to get smart about information. Paxata is the pioneer that intelligently empowers all business consumers to transform raw data into ready information, instantly and automatically, with an enterprise-grade, self-service data preparation application and machine learning platform. Our Adaptive Information Platform weaves data into an information fabric from any source and any cloud to create trusted insights. Business consumers use clicks, not code to achieve results in minutes, not months. With Paxata, Be an Information Inspired Business.
Paxata is headquartered in Redwood City, California with offices in New York, Ohio, Washington DC, and Singapore. Visit www.paxata.com or engage with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, or YouTube.
What you will be doing
- Design, implement, and maintain user interfaces that enable customers to understand and intuitively command powerful tools for working with big data, all in a single-page application
- Proactively introduce bleeding-edge libraries and best practices from the frontend development community
- Write end-to-end and unit tests to minimize frontend bugs using Mocha, Protractor, Selenium, and other Angular-compatible frameworks
- Having fun with the leading company in the $12B+ data preparation space
- Demonstrated experience building modern web applications using js/html5/css3 and a client-side MVC framework such as Angular, Backbone, Ember, JQuery or similar
- Track record of writing frontend tests using frameworks such as Jasmine, Karma or Protractor
- Experience or interest in JS visualization libraries like D3, Raphael, and Highcharts
- Experience using at least one server-side language like Java, Scala, C++ or similiar
- 7+ years of experience building production software as part of a software company
- Excellent communication skills -- no one works in a vacuum here
- Strong interest in building a company to last
- Degree in computer science or similar field
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision
- Competitive salary + equity
- Flexible PTO- we want the best people but not the best people 24/7. Do great work and enjoy your life enough to come back and do great work.
- Regular town halls and catered lunches.
- Full stocked kitchen with all the snacks, soda and Philz coffee your heart desires.
- Comfortable and fun work environment with ping pong, nerf gun battles and bean bag chairs to kick back in.
Why join the Paxata team?
- Paxata is the world leader in data preparation. Our product is used by companies like PwC, Del Monte, New Relic and more!
- We're backed by global corporate investors including: Accel Partners, Intel Capital, Microsoft Ventures, Cisco Investments, Deutsche Telekom, AirTree Ventures and more!
- We've been voted among the best companies to work for in the Bay Area four years in a row (SF Business Times)
- There are a lot of cool people here. We embrace innovation, open-source, teamwork and pizza :)
Paxata is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.