Principal Engineer- Applications
Paxata is a pioneer in empowering business consumers to intelligently transform raw data into ready information, instantly with an enterprise-grade, self-service, scalable, intelligent platform. Our Adaptive Information Platform weaves data into an information fabric from any source, any cloud, or any enterprise to create trusted information. Built on Apache SparkTM and optimized to run in Apache HadoopTM, Paxata leverages elastic cloud architecture and distributed computing to deliver a business consumer experience. With Paxata, business consumers use clicks, not code to achieve results in minutes, not months. Companies around the globe rely on Paxata to get smart about information at the speed of thought. Be an Information Inspired Business.
- Architect and implement a scalable, modular, and performant enterprise web platform that enable customers to understand and intuitively use powerful tools to work with big data
- Drive significant technology initiatives end to end and across multiple layers of architecture
- Lead projects and exert technical influence, increasing team productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
- Work across a diverse stack that includes Java, Scala, WebSockets, Angular.js, MongoDB, CoffeeScript/TypeScript, REST and more
- Create and enhance robust test suites of your code, be passionate about the value of automated testing
- Work with cross-functional team members from Architecture, Product Management, Q/A and Production Operations to develop, test, and release features
- Have fun with the leading company in the $12B+ data preparation space
- Have 8+ years of professional software engineering experience, including development experience with large-scale SaaS application
- Strong experience leading design and implementation of robust and highly scalable web applications
- Strong computer science fundamentals, and strong experience with either Java or Scala in a production environment
- Have in-depth understanding of application performance and scalability
- Have the ability to prioritize and track multiple projects in parallel
- Passionate for continuous learning, experimenting and applying cutting edge technology and software paradigms
- Experience building modern web applications using js/html5/css3 and a client-side MVC framework such as Angular, Backbone, Ember, JQuery or similar is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interest in building a company to last
- Degree in computer science or similar field
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision
- Competitive salary + equity
- Flexible PTO- we want the best people but not the best people 24/7. Do great work and enjoy your life enough to come back and do great work.
- Regular town halls and catered lunches.
- Full stocked kitchen with all the snacks, soda and Philz coffee your heart desires.
- Comfortable and fun work environment with ping pong, nerf gun battles and bean bag chairs to kick back in.
Why join the Paxata team?
- Paxata is the world leader in data preparation. Our product is used by companies like Citi, McDonalds, Oath, and more!
- We're backed by global corporate investors including: Accel Partners, Intel Capital, Microsoft Ventures, Cisco Investments, Deutsche Telekom, AirTree Ventures and more!
- We've been voted among the best companies to work for in the Bay Area four years in a row (SF Business Times)
- There are a lot of cool people here. We embrace innovation, open-source, teamwork and pizza :)
Paxata is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.