Full Stack Engineer
With Paxata, our customers are securing our borders, tracking down money launderers, and delivering fresh yogurt to your local grocery. Pioneering the idea that you should not have to write MapReduce jobs to run a data-driven organization, Paxata empowers anyone to transform large, raw data sets into useful AnswerSets that fuel insight generation in ways not previously possible.
Innovation moves quickly on our technology platform that consists of semantic algorithms, Apache Spark, awesome UI, and a cloud architecture. The problems we solve are challenging and fun, like dynamically increasing our data capacity by an order of magnitude and enabling users to intuitively command complex data solutions. Our business opportunity is huge and our impact is real -- in just a year since launch, over 150 Pax Power users across financial services, government, and consumer industries solve data problems with Paxata.
We are a tight-knit team of experienced and diverse problem solvers with track records of writing complex software, closing deals, and delivering customer success. We value results and learning and welcome you to join us in building the next great enterprise software company. If you want to build ground-breaking products, transform the lives of customers, and drive a culture of results and confidence, this is the team for you.
Founded in May 2012, Paxata is headquartered in beautiful downtown Redwood City, CA (by the Caltrain station). www.paxata.com, @paxata_news.
What you would be doing
- Design, implement, and maintain user interfaces that enable customers to understand and intuitively command powerful tools for working with big data, all in a single-page application
- Proactively introduce bleeding-edge libraries and best practices from the frontend development community
- Develop on a modern technology stack that includes AngularJS, Coffeescript, WebSockets, and Scala
- Write end-to-end and unit tests to minimize frontend bugs using Mocha, Protractor, Selenium, and other Angular-compatible frameworks
- Having fun with the leading company in the $12B+ data preparation space
- Demonstrated experience building modern web applications using js/html5/css3 and a client-side MVC framework such as Angular, Backbone, Ember, JQuery or similar
- Track record of writing frontend tests using frameworks such as Jasmine, Karma or Protractor
- Experience or interest in JS visualization libraries like D3, Raphael, and Highcharts
- Experience using at least one server-side language like Java, Scala, C++ or similiar
- 7+ years of experience building production software as part of a software company
- Excellent communication skills -- no one works in a vacuum here
- Strong interest in building a company to last
- CS degree from a top school