Director of Fraud
PayBright provides flexible, affordable, and transparent payment options for Canadians. We partner with merchants to offer innovative payment plans at the point of sale – both in e-commerce environments and in-store locations. We are one of Canada’s fastest growing fintech companies and have partnered with over 4,700 merchants across Canada including major retailers such as Wayfair, eBay, and Samsung. To date, we have helped over 200,000 Canadians purchase services and products. We are a diverse and growing team of 90 people located in downtown Toronto. Visit us at paybright.com.
We are hiring a Director of Fraud to join our team and play a key role in the next phase of PayBright’s development. This position will report to the VP, Operations & Risk and will be located at PayBright’s downtown Toronto office. This is a key role with managerial responsibilities at one of Canada’s leading growth-stage Fintech companies.
The Director of Fraud will lead PayBright’s fraud function, developing and implementing strategy, and leading the fraud team in day to day operational execution. The Director of Fraud will be responsible for delivering fraud risk strategy, mitigating fraud loss while ensuring that PayBright’s brand and values are represented.
The successful candidate will have superior team leadership and communication skills; robust analytical skills and be comfortable using data to drive insights and strategy; experience implementing robust and scalable processes; familiarity with implementing market-leading technology tools; and the ability to work cross-functionally with other departments including collections, credit, technology, and compliance.
- Lead the Fraud team and develop and own PayBright’s fraud strategy
- Analyze data to drive improvements to deliver best in class practices for fraud
- Develop and own reporting and KPIs for the fraud function
- Partner with PayBright’s Operations, Resolutions, Technology, Credit, and Legal & Compliance teams, as well as external suppliers, to develop and implement strategy changes
- Work closely with PayBright’s senior management and technology team to drive technology-based process improvements
- Innovate new approaches through pilots and testing
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations
- Lead the entire fraud team including Data Scientists, Business Insight Analysts and Fraud Analysts
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- A strong team leader with a focus on employee engagement and empowerment
- Proven experience driving robust outcomes in fraud performance through strategy evolution, technology, and data driven insights
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships across the organization
- Ability to structure unstructured problems with a proven ability to “find a way”
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organization and excellent attention to detail
- Strong, adaptable and flexible team player
- Ability to speak and read French is an asset but not a requirement
- Strong knowledge of market trends related to fraud mitigation procedures, policies and specific technologies
Why should you apply?
PayBright offers an outstanding work environment in a high-growth industry
We focus on creating a positive and cohesive team-based environment and aim to have fun doing our jobs!
Monthly and quarterly team events and social activities
We offer attractive compensation and benefits, including equity participation
We have a prime downtown Toronto location near amenities and public transportation