Manager, Strategic Initiatives
PayBright provides flexible, affordable, and transparent payment options for Canadians. We partner with merchants to offer innovative payment plans at the point of sale – both in e-commerce environments and in-store locations. We are one of Canada’s fastest growing fintech companies and have partnered with over 5,000 merchants across Canada including major retailers such as Wayfair, eBay, and Samsung. To date, we have helped over 250,000 Canadians purchase services and products. We are a diverse and growing team of over 100 people located in downtown Toronto. Visit us at paybright.com.
We are looking for a Manager, Strategic Initiatives to work alongside our management team and play a key role in executing the next phase of PayBright’s growth. The position is a multi-faceted role with responsibility in multiple areas of the business, reporting to our VP Strategic Initiatives. This is an exciting, strategic role with one of Canada’s leading growth-stage fintech companies.
- Perform business analyses and develop strategic KPIs alongside the data and analytics team
- Identify areas for improvement across the business and lead initiatives to drive results
- Assist in prioritizing growth initiatives and lead special projects
- Assist in managing external partnerships and other key stakeholder relationships
- Develop board level reporting packages and shareholder communications
- Assist with capital raising efforts
- 3+ years of work experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, corporate development, private equity, or law
- Prior experience in growth-stage and/or technology companies considered an asset
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and customer-focused
- Entrepreneurial creativity in identifying and developing business opportunities
- Experience managing complex projects and managing multiple tasks in parallel
- Track record of integrity in business and personal relationships
- Strong interpersonal and team skills and ability to develop other team members
- Proven ability to develop and maintain senior business relationships
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills, including understanding of financial statements and financial modelling
- Strong presentation and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Committed work ethic and a desire to work in a fast-paced growth environment
Why should you apply?
PayBright offers an outstanding work environment in a high-growth industry
We focus on creating a positive and cohesive team-based environment and aim to have fun doing our jobs!
Monthly and quarterly team events and social activities
We offer attractive compensation and benefits, including equity participation
We have a prime downtown Toronto location near amenities and public transportation