Senior Manager, Compliance
PayBright provides flexible, affordable, and transparent payment options for Canadians. We partner with merchants to offer innovative payment plans at the point of sale – both in e-commerce environments and in-store locations. We are one of Canada’s fastest growing fintech companies and have partnered with over 5,000 merchants across Canada including major retailers such as Wayfair, eBay, and Samsung. To date, we have helped over 250,000 Canadians purchase services and products. We are a diverse and growing team of over 100 people located in downtown Toronto. Visit us at paybright.com.
We are hiring a Senior Manager, Compliance and Audit to play a key part in enhancing our compliance programs. Reporting to the Director, Legal & Compliance, this role will be essential in assessing information security, privacy, and operational risks and building and testing controls in one of Canada’s leading growth-stage fintech companies. The ideal candidate must have an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to maintain the flexibility of a start-up culture and act nimbly in balancing short-term and long-term objectives. They will need a bias for action, a willingness to “dig in” and execute, and to be trusted and respected by the PayBright team.
- Assess risks related to information security, privacy, vendor management, KYC-AML, and other operational areas
- Design and implement controls, policies, and procedures to mitigate risks in accordance with independent standards (e.g. SOC2, ISO27001, PCI-DSS)
- Test effectiveness of controls, including compliance artifact collection to support compliance readiness and monitoring activities
- Develop action plans to address compliance gaps and monitor their implementation
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to drive, track, and resolve all aspects of compliance readiness
- Provide day-to-day leadership, subject matter expertise, and guidance on risk mitigation identifying, assessing, prioritizing, managing and reporting risk and compliance
- Foster a culture of risk management and compliance across the business
- 5+ years of experience in compliance, audit, internal audit, risk management, and/or risk advisory (experience at Big 4 professional services firm or financial services or technology company considered an asset)
- CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) or an equivalent designation is considered an asset
- University degree specializing in Business, Accounting, Information Technology or Engineering
- Experience building and testing controls in accordance with accepted audit and information security standards (e.g. SOC2, ISO27001, PCI-DSS)
- Proven ability to translate and present complex requirements and recommendations to a variety of stakeholders
- Proven track record of operating autonomously with a high level of ambiguity
- Proven ability to build strong relationships across the organization and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and deploy innovative practices to drive improvement and results
- Be able to work well under pressure while dealing with multiple competing priorities
- Be excited to get your hands dirty and have the drive to help take PayBright to the next level
Why should you apply?
PayBright offers an outstanding work environment in a high-growth industry
We focus on creating a positive and cohesive team-based environment and aim to have fun doing our jobs!
Monthly and quarterly team events and social activities
We offer attractive compensation and benefits, including equity participation
We have a prime downtown Toronto location near amenities and public transportation