Senior Product Designer
PayBright provides flexible, affordable, and transparent payment options for Canadians. We partner with merchants to offer innovative payment plans at the point of sale – both in e-commerce environments and in-store locations. We are one of Canada’s fastest growing fintech companies and have partnered with over 5,000 merchants across Canada including major retailers such as Wayfair, eBay, and Samsung. To date, we have helped over 250,000 Canadians purchase services and products. We are a diverse and growing team of over 120 people located in downtown Toronto. Visit us at paybright.com.
We are looking for a creative Senior Product Designer to join our ever-expanding team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Product the Senior Product Designer will play a leading role in designing and prototyping innovative products for our e-commerce and POS products.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for elegant, intuitive design. Drawing from a foundational understanding of customer experience and behavior, they will lead a team of product designers that develops and launches new products and improves our current portfolio of products.
- Lead design and prototypes for new products and features to bring product requirements to life.
- Turn product ideas into simple, usable, elegant prototypes that provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Lead the build and continuous improvement of our design system.
- Lead the evolution of our design process by advocating for design thinking and designing based on user interactions.
- Advocate for what’s best for the user and use key insights, competitive analysis and data to back it up.
- Have an eye for branding, detail, and look & feel.
- Collaborate with technology and product managers to document product design requirements and ensure products are built to spec.
- Review design work of product designers and manage the day-to-day delivery of design project timelines. Coach and develop our product designers to help them achieve their development goals.
- Ensure product consistency across products and company branding.
- 4-5 years of product design experience at leading tech company or start-up.
- 2-3 years of previous experience working with product and technology groups.
- An understanding of how data and research inform product designs.
- Ability to communicate design decisions openly and confidently.
- A portfolio of your work that you are proud to share.
- You are flexible and open to changing your opinion in the face of new insights or a better understanding of product goals.
- Proficient in Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop, and other design tools.
- Previous experience in building and managing a design system.
- Previous experience managing or coaching a team.
Why should you apply?
PayBright offers an outstanding work environment in a high-growth industry
We focus on creating a positive and cohesive team-based environment and aim to have fun doing our jobs!
Monthly and quarterly team events and social activities
We offer attractive compensation and benefits, including equity participation
We have a prime downtown Toronto location near amenities and public transportation