Director, Merchant Success
PayBright provides flexible, affordable, and transparent payment options for Canadians. We partner with merchants to offer innovative payment plans at the point of sale – both in e-commerce environments and in-store locations. We are one of Canada’s fastest growing fintech companies and have partnered with over 4,700 merchants across Canada including major retailers such as Wayfair, eBay, and Samsung. To date, we have helped over 200,000 Canadians purchase services and products. We are a diverse and growing team of 90 people located in downtown Toronto. Visit us at paybright.com.
We are hiring a talented and motivated Director, Merchant Success to join our team to help lead and scale our Merchant Success team and manage our enterprise merchant relationships.
This role involves communicating and building relationships with our largest merchants, explaining our offering, training, and coaching their staff to maximize their usage of financing plans to drive business growth. To be successful in this role, you must a strong leader with a positive attitude who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
The Director, Merchant Success, is a role for a proven leader with experience in technology-based solutions.
- Leading, coaching, and developing our Merchant Success Team
- Implementing new processes and industry leading best practices to maximize engagement with our merchants
- Developing and managing client relationships at all levels from Senior Executives to individual contributors to increase adoption, satisfaction and ensure retention
- Leveraging product and industry knowledge to overcome sales objections to close more sales and drive volume increase
- Assisting in the development of strategies to minimize the competitive threats and increase the success rates with partner acquisition and management
- Working with our Product Team to ensure we are making decisions in the best interest of our merchants
- Engaging in regular weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews and forecasting activities
- Contacting PayBright’s enterprise merchant partners daily via phone to identify and generate new financed volume-generation opportunities
- Representing PayBright in the promotion of its instant consumer financing platform
- Training and onboarding enterprise merchant partners on the financing plans, rates and terms
- 5+ years of previous Merchant Success / Strategic Account Management experience working with a diverse portfolio, preferably within Financial Services
- Successful account management and/or sales track record
- Knowledge, understanding and use of proven sales and account management concepts
- Tech savvy, with moderate to basic experience in e-commerce and digital marketing
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and independence
- High motivation and strong desire to succeed
- Strong entrepreneurial drive and work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
- B2B account management experience is an asset
Why should you apply?
PayBright offers an outstanding work environment in a high-growth industry
We focus on creating a positive and cohesive team-based environment and aim to have fun doing our jobs!
Monthly and quarterly team events and social activities
We offer attractive compensation and benefits, including equity participation
We have a prime downtown Toronto location near amenities and public transportation