PayBright provides flexible, affordable, and transparent payment options for Canadians. We partner with merchants to offer innovative payment plans at the point of sale – both in e-commerce environments and in-store locations. We are one of Canada’s fastest growing fintech companies and have partnered with over 4,700 merchants across Canada including major retailers such as Wayfair, eBay, and Samsung. To date, we have helped over 200,000 Canadians purchase services and products. We are a diverse and growing team of 90 people located in downtown Toronto. Visit us at paybright.com.
We are hiring a Software Engineering Manager to join our team and lead multiple teams of software engineers and testers, facilitating relationships with Product, UX, Operations & Sales as necessary.
You will guide the team in delivering strategic roadmap items using Agile methodologies. You will have the autonomy and responsibility to deliver new products in a results-oriented culture. This is an exciting, high impact, technical product role with one of Canada’s leading growth-stage fintech companies.
- Lead 2 to 3 full-stack software engineering squads including developers and quality analysts
- Manage, coach, mentor, and foster growth within the engineering team
- Actively participate in interviewing/hiring and work to establish performance management, 1:1s, and development plans
- Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Develop a deep understanding of our products from a user, design, technical, and operations perspective
- Drive collaboration with cross functional team resources in delivering work in a lean way that builds trust, ownership and accountability
- 2+ years of experience in leading technical teams
- 7+ years in development or other technical role
- Post secondary education in technology or a related field is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Scrum and Agile principles and the proven ability to apply them effectively
- Strong knowledge of C#, Java or other object oriented languages
- Proficiency in SQL
- Exposure to micro services, cloud hosting and React is considered an asset
- Superior project management skills
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Flexibility to adapt in an evolving environment
- Experience with JIRA (or similar) project tracking tools
Why should you apply?
PayBright offers an outstanding work environment in a high-growth industry
We focus on creating a positive and cohesive team-based environment and aim to have fun doing our jobs!
Monthly and quarterly team events and social activities
We offer attractive compensation and benefits, including equity participation
We have a prime downtown Toronto location near amenities and public transportation