PayBright provides flexible, affordable, and transparent payment options for Canadians. We partner with merchants to offer innovative payment plans at the point of sale – both in e-commerce environments and in-store locations. We are one of Canada’s fastest growing fintech companies and have partnered with over 6,000 merchants across Canada including major retailers such as Wayfair, eBay, and Samsung. To date, we have helped over 300,000 Canadians purchase services and products. We are a diverse and growing team of over 130 people located in downtown Toronto. Visit us at paybright.com.
We are hiring an Engineering Manager to join our Engineering team and lead a team of software engineers and testers, facilitating relationships with Product, UX, Operations, & Sales as necessary.
You will guide the team in delivering strategic roadmap items using Agile methodologies. You will have the autonomy and responsibility to deliver new products in a results-oriented culture. This is an exciting, high impact, technical product role with one of Canada’s leading growth-stage fintech companies.
- Lead multiple full-stack software engineering pods, including developers and testers
- Manage, coach, mentor, and foster growth within the engineering team
- Actively participate in interviewing/hiring and work to establish performance management, 1:1's, and development plans
- Guide engineers in archictecting and developing the best technical design and approach
- Develop a deep understanding of our products from a user, design, technical, and operations perspective
- Drive collaboration with cross functional team resources in delivering work in a lean way that builds trust, ownership, and accountability
- 3+ years experience leading technical teams
- 3 - 5 years in development or other technical role
- Strong knowledge of C#, Java, or other object oriented languages
- Proficiency in SQL
- Post secondary education in technology or a related field is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Scrum and Agile principles and the proven ability to apply them effectively
- Exposure to micro services, cloud hosting, and React is considered an asset
- Superior project management skills
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Flexibility to adapt in an evolving environment
- Experience with JIRA (or similar) project tracking tools
Why should you apply?
PayBright offers an outstanding work environment in a high-growth industry
We focus on creating a positive and cohesive team-based environment and aim to have fun doing our jobs!
Monthly and quarterly team events and social activities
We offer attractive compensation and benefits, including equity participation
We have a prime downtown Toronto location near amenities and public transportation
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our diverse and inclusive team is part of what makes PayBright a fulfilling place to be. PayBright is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds.
If you require any accommodations during the hiring process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.