PayBright provides flexible, affordable, and transparent payment options for Canadians. We partner with merchants to offer innovative payment plans at the point of sale – both in e-commerce environments and in-store locations. We are one of Canada’s fastest growing fintech companies and have partnered with over 5,000 merchants across Canada including major retailers such as Wayfair, eBay, and Samsung. To date, we have helped over 250,000 Canadians purchase services and products. We are a diverse and growing team of over 100 people located in downtown Toronto. Visit us at paybright.com.
We are hiring a VP, Marketing to join our team to drive our marketing strategy and optimize efficiency. This is an exciting and dynamic role with one of Canada’s leading growth-stage fintech companies.
In this role, you will work directly with our SVP Sales and Marketing to lead merchant and customer acquisition tactics. You will assist in the development of our marketing plan and continually adjust our programs to improve effectiveness and ROI.
We are looking for an individual that has the ability to maintain the flexibility of a start-up culture and act nimbly in balancing short-term and long-term objectives. A bias for action, a willingness to “dig in” and execute, and to be trusted and respected by the PayBright team will be critical for success in this role.
- Strategy and Planning: Work with the SVP Sales and Marketing in the development of merchant and customer acquisition strategies. Build and deliver campaigns to increase awareness, adoption, conversion, and usage.
- Brand and Messaging: Lead development of external communications and marketing assets. Ensure consistency in messaging and “look and feel”. Work collaboratively with sales and technology teams to refine media forms across all channels.
- Analysis and Insights: Identify, define, and track key KPIs on an ongoing basis. Leverage data to develop insights to increase merchant and customer acquisition. Balance spend across channels to achieve an optimized return on investment.
- Team Engagement: Provide coaching and mentorship with a focus on personal and professional development. Foster a high performing culture with strong team engagement and ownership.
- Experience in digital marketing tactics with a strong understanding of industry leading tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe, Mailchimp, etc.
- Experience in a B2B2C environment
- Track record of success in entrepreneurial, high-growth organizations
- Keen eye for detail and strong business acumen
- Demonstrated track record of driving KPIs and uncovering key insights using analytical tools
- Understanding of retail and e-commerce metrics (e.g. funnel conversion)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Excited to get your hands dirty and have the talent and energy to help take PayBright to the next level
- Ability to challenge the status quo and deploy innovative solutions
- Be able to work well under pressure while dealing with multiple competing priorities
- Experience in e-commerce, financial services, and fintech considered an asset
Why should you apply?
PayBright offers an outstanding work environment in a high-growth industry
We focus on creating a positive and cohesive team-based environment and aim to have fun doing our jobs!
Monthly and quarterly team events and social activities
We offer attractive compensation and benefits, including equity participation
We have a prime downtown Toronto location near amenities and public transportation