Business Development Representative
PayBright provides flexible, affordable, and transparent payment options for Canadians. We partner with merchants to offer innovative payment plans at the point of sale – both in e-commerce environments and in-store locations. We are one of Canada’s fastest growing fintech companies and have partnered with over 4,700 merchants across Canada including major retailers such as Wayfair, eBay, and Samsung. To date, we have helped over 200,000 Canadians purchase services and products. We are a diverse and growing team of 90 people located in downtown Toronto. Visit us at paybright.com.
PayBright is on a steep growth trajectory and we are looking for talented and motivated sales representatives to join our winning team where you will have a chance to innovate, grow and make a difference. As a member of the sales team, you will be responsible for signing agreements with merchant partners across Canada. This B2B sales role involves prospecting, cold-calling and closing deals with various providers in the retail space to generate business growth. To be successful in this role, you must be a true sales hunter and a deal closer and thrive in a fast-paced environment, be motivated by targets, be enthusiastic and a team player with a positive attitude.
- Prospecting and cold-calling: Contact retailers in the furniture, appliance, electronics, apparel, and other verticals via phone to identify new sales opportunities and introduce the company's products and services
- Product/service sales presentation: Effectively present PayBright product features and benefits. Highlight the features that address the specific merchant pain points
- Closing deals: Successfully apply closing techniques that lead to signed agreements
- Objections-handling: Use persuasive objections-handling techniques
- Sales funnel tracking: Diligently track all sales funnel activities through the CRM tool and utilize its features for greater sales effectiveness
- Knowledge: Develop a strong understanding of the product, industry and competitive environment
- Team contributions: Participate in regular weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings and business review sessions
- Excellent communication skills
- Track record of inside sales success
- Knowledge, understanding and use of sales techniques and concepts
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and independence
- High motivation and strong desire to succeed
- Strong entrepreneurial drive and work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
- B2B selling experience considered an asset
Why should you apply?
PayBright offers an outstanding work environment in a high-growth industry
We focus on creating a positive and cohesive team-based environment and aim to have fun doing our jobs!
Monthly and quarterly team events and social activities
We offer attractive compensation and benefits, including equity participation
We have a prime downtown Toronto location near amenities and public transportation