PayBright provides flexible, affordable, and transparent payment options for Canadians. We partner with merchants to offer innovative payment plans at the point of sale – both in e-commerce environments and in-store locations. We are one of Canada’s fastest growing fintech companies and have partnered with over 4,700 merchants across Canada including major retailers such as Wayfair, eBay, and Samsung. To date, we have helped over 200,000 Canadians purchase services and products. We are a diverse and growing team of 90 people located in downtown Toronto. Visit us at paybright.com.
We are hiring a Scrum Master to join our Technology team and work with our Product Managers to translate strategic roadmap items into technical user stories while guiding our Technology team to deliver against business objectives. As the Scrum Master, you will be the glue between our Technology and Product teams, you will have the autonomy and responsibility to deliver new products in a results-oriented culture. This is an exciting, high impact role with one of Canada’s leading growth-stage fintech companies.
- Act as Scrum Master for 2-3 agile teams
- Champion scrum and other agile methodologies throughout PayBright
- Shield teams from disruption by acting as the point of contact between all the stakeholders and the development team
- Proactively identify impediments and resolve appropriately, escalating when required
- Work with our Technology Team to identify risks, prioritize them, and create plans to resolve in a timely manner
- Collaborate with Product Managers to ensure that the product backlog is ready for the next sprint
- Ensure our Technology team maintains focus on quality
- Coach teams to improve collaboration and self-organization
- Utilize team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc) to identify areas of opportunity and work with team to continuously improve
- Understand domain architecture and upstream/downstream dependencies
- Drive collaboration with cross functional team resources in delivering work in a lean way that builds trust, ownership and accountability
- 2+ years working with technical products and multiple teams
- 1+ years of prior scrum master experience
- Post secondary education in technology or a related field is considered an asset
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile principles and the proven ability to apply them effectively
- CSM or PSM certification would be an asset
- Superior project management skills
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Flexibility to adapt in an evolving environment
- Experience with JIRA (or similar) project tracking tools
- High technical fluency would be an asset
Why should you apply?
PayBright offers an outstanding work environment in a high-growth industry
We focus on creating a positive and cohesive team-based environment and aim to have fun doing our jobs!
Monthly and quarterly team events and social activities
We offer attractive compensation and benefits, including equity participation
We have a prime downtown Toronto location near amenities and public transportation